News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Viking

holy fucking shit... random shit I pull out of my ass is making sense....

does he have any brothers?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Keith Allen's younger brother Kevin

Euron, Aeron or Victarion?

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on June 11, 2011, 07:13:10 AM
The Greyjoys never seemed too crazy to me...well except the obvious one.

I saw this link:
http://www.tv.com/game-of-thrones-how-much-is-the-show-departing-from-the-book/story/25950.html
and...yeah.
Something I've thought of myself is pointed out there.

Sure. He gets worse after Blackwater, but still, Tyrion is meant to be ugly. TV show Tyrion seems quite OK looking though except for the dwarfism.

I thought he lost his nose in a battle.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Solmyr

Quote from: Viking on June 11, 2011, 10:20:50 AM
Keith Allen's younger brother Kevin

Euron, Aeron or Victarion?

With an eyepatch and other piratey features he could be Euron.

As for casting of Tyrion - I suspect even most modern viewers wouldn't be interested in watching an actor who looked like the book Tyrion, much less identifying with him as one of the protagonists. Remember, never go full retard (extremely ugly people are not the same as retards, but the point is similar).

Martinus

Seriously, you could complain about a lot of things, casting-wise, but people complaining about Dinklage being cast as Tyrion because he is not "ugly enough" - Jesus, that just makes me want to go on a killing rampage. I guess fucking tards will always find a reason to complain about something.

Slargos

We've already learned that medieval standards of aesthetics are not the same as they are today.

Dinklage, being a dwarf, would naturally be considered the ugliest person in the world at that time. They didn't have makeup, nor proper nutrition.

Viking

I think Dinklage probably enjoys this if he is lurking, "why is Dinklage not suitable for the part as Tyrion? He is too good looking."  :nelson:

Slargos

Quote from: Viking on June 12, 2011, 09:08:58 AM
I think Dinklage probably enjoys this if he is lurking, "why is Dinklage not suitable for the part as Tyrion? He is too good looking."  :nelson:

Well, considering he's being compared to a guy who looks like he was slapped in the face daily with cheese graters in infancy, I think a burn victim will also qualify as "too good looking" and suddenly it doesn't really sound that good.  :hmm:

Maximus

Dinklage was an automatic. It's as if Martin wrote Tyrion with Dinklage in mind.

Josquius

QuoteSeriously, you could complain about a lot of things, casting-wise, but people complaining about Dinklage being cast as Tyrion because he is not "ugly enough" - Jesus, that just makes me want to go on a killing rampage. I guess fucking tards will always find a reason to complain about something.
There's no complaint there, its just saying its a change from the book.

Quote from: Razgovory on June 11, 2011, 10:24:20 AM
I thought he lost his nose in a battle.

He does.
██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

They prettified the Hound, too.

And I doubt they'll bother to CGI the nose off Dinklage. He'll probably just get a not too intrusive scar or something.

Josephus

There's several noticeable differences casting wise from the book; but the biggest was the ages of Danearys and Sansa who are far younger in the book than they appear to be in the show.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Viking

Quote from: Josephus on June 12, 2011, 02:56:21 PM
There's several noticeable differences casting wise from the book; but the biggest was the ages of Danearys and Sansa who are far younger in the book than they appear to be in the show.

I predict that Sansa will have sex in the next book...

Josquius

QuoteThere's several noticeable differences casting wise from the book; but the biggest was the ages of Danearys and Sansa who are far younger in the book than they appear to be in the show.
The guys have been aged up too.
Though, I must say on Sansa it turns out the actress playing her actually is 14. My first reaction was thinking she'd been aged up to, cue paedobear ringing my neck when I found out she's just a old looking 14 rather than an adult playing a teenager.

Quote from: Solmyr on June 12, 2011, 02:24:08 PM
They prettified the Hound, too.

And I doubt they'll bother to CGI the nose off Dinklage. He'll probably just get a not too intrusive scar or something.

Agreed, would be a pain to have to do week in week out for a main character.
Give him some big awful face scar instead.
██████
██████
██████