News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

There are more than seven kingdoms in Westeros:
1- Winterfrell
2- Riverrun
3- The Eyrie
4- The Iron Islands
5- Casterly Rock
6- High Garden
7- Storm's End
8- Dorne
9- Dragonstone

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Habbaku

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on May 29, 2011, 02:11:23 PM
http://shaghaghi.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/WesterosMap1.jpg
also a few interesting ones:
http://aidanmoher.com/blog/2010/10/art/art-wonderful-stylized-maps-of-grrms-a-song-of-ice-and-fire/

The worst part about finding some of those maps is that, apparently, the others have been lost due to the creators' deactivated DeviantArt account.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Siege on May 29, 2011, 02:14:59 PM
There are more than seven kingdoms in Westeros:
1- Winterfrell
2- Riverrun
3- The Eyrie
4- The Iron Islands
5- Casterly Rock
6- High Garden
7- Storm's End
8- Dorne
9- Dragonstone

Riverrun and Dragonstone aren't kingdoms.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

Yup. Riverrun was historically part of the same Kingdom as the Iron Islands, and Dragonstone is simply the place where the Valyrians landed. :nerd:

In other news, I'm running a SOIAF pen and paper rpg now. 10x :nerd: 

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Martinus on May 29, 2011, 02:22:03 PM
How is that system?  Been meaning to track down a copy of the books.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Martinus

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on May 29, 2011, 02:28:44 PM

There are two systems - one is a d20 (Game of Thrones), which I dislike. The other is the one made by Green Ronin and it is pretty good ("roll and keep", if you are familiar with the principle) - also it has awesome House creation system. My players are House Colworth, located in the Dornish Marches, and sworn bannermen to House Tarly of Horn Hill (with Blackmonts to the South and Carons to the East). It's fun.  :menace:

Sophie Scholl

Nice.  I liked what Green Ronin did with Warhammer.  I'll definitely have to nab myself a copy.

Martinus

Quote from: Habbaku on May 29, 2011, 02:23:12 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on May 29, 2011, 02:17:52 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on May 29, 2011, 02:11:23 PM
http://shaghaghi.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/WesterosMap1.jpg
also a few interesting ones:
http://aidanmoher.com/blog/2010/10/art/art-wonderful-stylized-maps-of-grrms-a-song-of-ice-and-fire/

The worst part about finding some of those maps is that, apparently, the others have been lost due to the creators' deactivated DeviantArt account.

Nix that; found a hosted copy :

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/Gallery/Entry/2277/

:smarty:

Omg, it's awesome. I'm so going to use it in my game - all houses' locations!  :showoff:

Martinus

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on May 29, 2011, 02:34:43 PM
Nice.  I liked what Green Ronin did with Warhammer.  I'll definitely have to nab myself a copy.

I can send you a link (ahem).

Btw, did Green Ronin make a new Warhammer? I'm using the one from the Black Industries. Is there something new.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Martinus on May 29, 2011, 02:38:06 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on May 29, 2011, 02:34:43 PM

I can send you a link (ahem).

Btw, did Green Ronin make a new Warhammer? I'm using the one from the Black Industries. Is there something new.
They were a bridge gap between the old system and Black Industries I believe, with Black Industries using a lot of their changes.  A link would be greatly appreciated. :ph34r:

Habbaku

Quote from: Martinus on May 29, 2011, 02:37:05 PM
Omg, it's awesome. I'm so going to use it in my game - all houses' locations!  :showoff:

It even has some of the destroyed houses marked on the map with their coat of arms upside-down.

I'm poking through the small scenes that have been painted throughout the map now.  Gregor's on there, for instance, as are king Aerys and others.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Larch

Quote from: Martinus on May 29, 2011, 02:32:46 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on May 29, 2011, 02:28:44 PM

There are two systems - one is a d20 (Game of Thrones), which I dislike. The other is the one made by Green Ronin and it is pretty good ("roll and keep", if you are familiar with the principle) - also it has awesome House creation system. My players are House Colworth, located in the Dornish Marches, and sworn bannermen to House Tarly of Horn Hill (with Blackmonts to the South and Carons to the East). It's fun.  :menace:

What didn't you like about the d20 system? I have pretty good memories of it.