Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josquius

Northern Ireland. Where they get a tonne of tax breaks and whatnot.
And Malta.
██████
██████
██████

Berkut

This is a pic of a friend of mines little sister - I've known her since she was, I don't know...10?

Anyway, I saw this and thought that she looks almost exactly how I would imagine Cersei Lannister to look.

Of course, Cersei wouldn't be wearing a two piece bathing suit, but anyway...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Martinus

The guy does not look fat enough to be Robert, but he's getting there.

I thought Cersei didn't have a fat face though.

HVC

The 7th episode was better then the 6th, but you saw the ending coming from a mile away (what with littlefingers conversation with the whores)
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habbaku

Quote from: Valmy on May 25, 2011, 09:53:39 PM
Quote from: Martinus on May 25, 2011, 04:35:36 PM
I thought Cersei didn't have a fat face though.

Ok Siegey.

It's Martinus.  He's as good a judge of women as he is a TV lawyer.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Slargos

Quote from: viper37 on May 24, 2011, 01:47:27 PM

At  some point, someone here is gonna come and say "this is ridiculous, the  author never intended X to be portrayed like that, I thought he was  more like "Y" or something like "I hate ghosts killing people, they are  ridiculous even if they are not green".
See, I can even read into the future now :P   
Tada!!  :D

Yeah, that wasn't really a hard prediction given this audience.  ;)

jimmy olsen

Just caught up with the last two episodes, fucking awesome. Loved Drogos speech! :punk:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 28, 2011, 08:44:26 AM
Just caught up with the last two episodes, fucking awesome. Loved Drogos speech! :punk:

I thought that scene was somewhat contrived, maybe because all of the dozen of extras in the scene seemed to be making the same applause noise as a stadium full of nazis.

Siege

I subscribed to HBO.
Watched the first 6 episodes.
Not impresed.
The rythm blows, the sword fight between Ned and Jaime looked faked as fuck, the wolves should be CGI, not some dogs passing for wolves. You can tell they are adults instead of big ass pups, because of the body proportions.

Great cast though, especially Thyron and Arya.
Sean Bean should have dyed his hair black.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

where are the maps?
Can anybody link me?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus