News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Slargos on May 16, 2011, 11:57:06 AM
In Southland, people were still going "OMG! He's a faggot?" mid season 3. I thought that show hit the right level of subtlety. They could've been satisfied with the clues during the joust here, aswell, but instead they need to slap on a goddamned trumpet and town crier announcing the fact.

Um Cooper is one of the main characters of the series.  Loras and Renly are not.  Having a big subtle sexuality thing for minor side characters would be ridiculous.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Slargos

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 16, 2011, 12:00:19 PM
Wait, who's gay in Southland?

Cooper, it can only be Cooper.

Can't believe I missed that.

:lol:

My point exactly.

Slargos

Quote from: Valmy on May 16, 2011, 12:11:39 PM
In Southland, people were still going "OMG! He's a faggot?" mid season 3. I thought that show hit the right level of subtlety. They could've been satisfied with the clues during the joust here, aswell, but instead they need to slap on a goddamned trumpet and town crier announcing the fact.

Um Cooper is one of the main characters of the series.  Loras and Renly are not.  Having a big subtle sexuality thing for minor side characters would be ridiculous.

I'm just saying it doesn't need to be on-screen blow jobs. The Joust established the relationship already, and we're left without much confusion during the "manscaping" session. I simply think less is more.

Siege

This thread is way too gay.
It needs to be sanitized:

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Viking

Quote from: Slargos on May 16, 2011, 12:19:34 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 16, 2011, 12:11:39 PM

I'm just saying it doesn't need to be on-screen blow jobs. The Joust established the relationship already, and we're left without much confusion during the "manscaping" session. I simply think less is more.

I think the later sniggering about how everybody was certain that Margery Tyrell was still a maid in the books pretty much leaves it out in the open as much as possible, without Littlefinger commenting on Renly's preference in whores.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Slargos on May 16, 2011, 12:17:43 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 16, 2011, 12:00:19 PM
Wait, who's gay in Southland?

Cooper, it can only be Cooper.

Can't believe I missed that.

:lol:

My point exactly.

I never saw it. Man.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on May 16, 2011, 10:29:46 AM
Quote from: Faeelin on May 16, 2011, 10:26:49 AM
What made the scene creepy?

It does seem to differ from the book, where the answer is "Renly is vain and Stannis has a stick up his arse." Why make Renly's decision the result of seduction by a dumb twink?

Erotic armpit shaving is a bit creepy :P

You would be surprised.  :ph34r:

Speaking of the *slurp slurp* sound. On Penny Arcade forum someone concluded "Maybe they are just bros". :D

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on May 16, 2011, 10:02:42 AM
Quote from: Viking on May 16, 2011, 08:19:10 AM
Quote from: Valmy on May 16, 2011, 08:14:17 AM
I must have missed Marty's love of lesbians.  :huh:

I am sort of stretching his love of pretty young boys.... I'll grant you that...

WTF. Aren't you confusing me with someone? I have consistenly been falling in love with guys in their early to mid 20s.

You do realize that "young boys" means kids, right? Fucking idiot.

The older I get the definition of "young boys" expands to include higher and higher age ranges.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

Anyway, all you straightforward ghey haters go to hell. :P

Btw, awesome episode. Despite the "manscaping scene", I think Cersei and Robert little chat was the best scene, followed by Littlefinger and Varys and only then the ghey shaving.

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 16, 2011, 11:22:23 AM
I have yet to see any gay ass-spearing scene on cable.  Except Queer as Folk Music.
True Blood & Spartacus for sure.  Don't know about 6 feet under. 
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Habbaku

The ghey shaving scene, while not a bad scene at all as far as further developing the characters and the relationship between Renly and Loras, was nowhere near the best scene.  Certainly not the 3rd best.

The back-and-forth between Varys and Littlefinger was the best, for me, followed closely by the meeting with Lysa at the Eyrie.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Skinny Lysa and Sweet Robin were awesome.

I want to see the bad man fly!

Pity we will not see them again until season 3 or 4 once they leave the Eyrie.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Quote from: Habbaku on May 16, 2011, 02:11:34 PM
The ghey shaving scene, while not a bad scene at all as far as further developing the characters and the relationship between Renly and Loras, was nowhere near the best scene.  Certainly not the 3rd best.

The back-and-forth between Varys and Littlefinger was the best, for me, followed closely by the meeting with Lysa at the Eyrie.
Well, obviously you should appreciate why I rank "gay sightings" higher in my ranking than you would do. Still, I gotta say it was an awesome episode. Lots of cool stuff.

Lysa the Nut rocks. :P

Berkut

I didn't even watch it. Three hour Survivor finale was on, and my wife absconded with the TV. :(
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Martinus

Btw, while the episode progresses the Westeros social scene by introducing manscaping, it shows that "from behind" fucking is still in vogue (see Theon and his flaccid dick). Time for Danny to invade with her progressive sexual position ways.  <_<