Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Martinus on April 19, 2011, 04:28:12 PM
Next on the Game of Thrones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_30wzerP0M&feature=feedu

Underage lesbian group sex, child slaughter, midget abuse and more!
*tries to remember lesbian sex from the first book, fails, scratches head*
██████
██████
██████

Berkut

Quote from: Tyr on April 19, 2011, 06:29:25 PM
Quote from: Martinus on April 19, 2011, 04:28:12 PM
Next on the Game of Thrones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_30wzerP0M&feature=feedu

Underage lesbian group sex, child slaughter, midget abuse and more!
*tries to remember lesbian sex from the first book, fails, scratches head*

Yeah, I think there was a scene where one of Daenys handmaidens gav her a little relief, but that was not book one, I don't think.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on April 19, 2011, 07:47:46 PM
Yeah, I think there was a scene where one of Daenys handmaidens gav her a little relief, but that was not book one, I don't think.

That was such a creepy scene in the book to.  But then most of the sex in this series is creepy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on April 19, 2011, 08:00:13 PM
Quote from: Berkut on April 19, 2011, 07:47:46 PM

That was such a creepy scene in the book to.  But then most of the sex in this series is creepy.

Sex as imagined by fat lonely guys.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

He got married recently to what was, effectively, his common-law wife for 35 years.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Quote from: Habbaku on April 19, 2011, 08:06:45 PM
He got married recently to what was, effectively, his common-law wife for 35 years.

Thank you for ruining my jokes.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Watched it. A bit slow but to be expected for the first episode. The king being an actor from a crappy sitcom kept throwing me off. Plus boobies which are always good
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Habbaku

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 19, 2011, 08:08:27 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on April 19, 2011, 08:06:45 PM

Thank you for ruining my jokes.

:frog:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 19, 2011, 05:53:46 PM
Who are all these people? Man, to some one who didn't read the books the first show is thick.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Larch

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 19, 2011, 04:42:44 PM
Quote from: grumbler on April 19, 2011, 12:39:19 PM
I am kinda wondering if people haven't been trained to expect more from TV these days, and it takes this kind of expenditure to get this kind of audience (outside of reality TV).

I dunno, network productions don't seem to have better values, but they get canceled if they can't get double that audience. Course HBO's getting paid twice. Make that three times(ads, subscribers and dvd sales).

HBO gets paid many more times besides that. It was reported a couple of weeks ago that before the show premiered it was already HBO's highest grossing series ever in terms of overseas sales, at 2'5 million $ per episode. The previous record belonged to The Sopranos, with a bit more than one million. And that was before the series premiered.

QuoteIn a latest sign of international success, the premium pay network's newest show, Game of Thrones, premieres on Sunday, but has already become HBO's best-selling series abroad ever, fetching more than $2.5 million an episode, more than 50% above the international price tag for The Sopranos, the paper said.

"We have significantly accelerated our international thrust over the past few years," HBO CEO Bill Nelson told the Journal. "We have broken through at a much, much higher level than in the past, and have found that our programming not only crosses geographical boundaries but cultural ones as well."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hbo-top-1-billion-international-176907

And for illustrative and comparison purposes:

I'd say that the HBO executives in charge of the series will be rolling on dollars in Scrooge-like fashion for a few years.

KRonn

Quote from: The Larch on April 20, 2011, 07:33:11 AM
I'd say that the HBO executives in charge of the series will be rolling on dollars in Scrooge-like fashion for a few years.

Maybe even longer than that if Martin decides to hurriedly write a few more books than he's planned on.    ;)

Grey Fox

Damn, John Adams was expensive.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

I would have thought "The Pacific" would have been up there.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Larch

Quote from: Razgovory on April 20, 2011, 07:57:55 AM
I would have thought "The Pacific" would have been up there.

IIRC, The Pacific's budget was around 150 million $, and it had 10 episodes, so it'd come at roughly 15 millions per episode, near the top of the graph.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 19, 2011, 05:53:46 PM
Who are all these people? Man, to some one who didn't read the books the first show is thick.

Just get the basics of the plot at the beginning.  This is a long series you will learn who is important and who is not as time goes by.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."