And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 19, 2011, 09:28:08 AM
Early ratings.

A bit disappointing in the US, far above expectations in Britain.
http://thewertzone.blogspot.com/2011/04/initial-game-of-thrones-ratings-info.html

4.2 million people doesn't seem like a bad number.

jimmy olsen

That update wasn't there when I posted.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Gups

HBO have renewed for a second season according to Georgie Porgie.

The Larch

Quote from: Gups on April 19, 2011, 10:46:19 AM

Funny name.  :lol:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/04/19/game-of-thrones-renewed/

They did the same with Boardwalk Empire, one episode and renewed. According to critics who have been allowed to watch several episodes this one is the dullest of them all, so it seems that things can only get better.

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/game-of-thrones-season-1-episode-1/

QuoteFirst, the semi-bad news: Sunday's heavily re-shot super-sized 65-minute pilot -- despite its big revelation and shocking ending -- is one of the more sluggish-feeling of the first six episodes of Thrones I've seen. So if you watched Thrones and didn't see what all the fuss was about, you must stick with the series through next week. And if you loved Sunday's debut, you're going to lose your head in the weeks to come.

It's a funny review, plenty of nuggets to chuckle with in the link.  ;)

Ed Anger

I wa hoping for a ratings flop, a cancellation and nerd rage.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Already confirmed by HBO/GoT on Facebook.

Slargos

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 19, 2011, 08:59:21 AM
Quote from: Slargos on April 19, 2011, 06:25:22 AM
Quote from: Martinus on April 19, 2011, 06:01:30 AM
Speaking of which, anyone disagrees that Lannisters get the best lines in the show?

Tyrion and Jaime have the best one-liners. :P

If you are the kind of person who sees virtue in spite and malignance.

I think that sometimes we forget that there's a world outside the cauldron of hate, vitriol and malignance that is the Internet in general but Languish in particular, and begin to admire the perverse and degenerative.

"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword" qualifies as the best one liner in my book.  :hmm:
I loved Ned's delivery of "I don't fight in tournaments because when I fight a man for real, I don't want him to know what I can do."

Yeah, that was a good one as well. The air was pretty thick with subtext there.  :D

Valmy

Good.  I was hoping to at least see the Battle of the Blackwater.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 19, 2011, 11:10:49 AM
I wa hoping for a ratings flop, a cancellation and nerd rage.  :(

:console:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Kleves

Quote from: Martinus on April 19, 2011, 07:26:08 AM
If you are looking for wisdom and not just being witty, then still Tyrion wins with: "Never forget who you are, for surely the world won't. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."
You didn't even include the best part: "In their father's eyes, every dwarf is a bastard."
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

grumbler

Quote from: The Larch on April 19, 2011, 09:44:50 AM
4.2 million people doesn't seem like a bad number.
I am kinda wondering if people haven't been trained to expect more from TV these days, and it takes this kind of expenditure to get this kind of audience (outside of reality TV).  Gritty seems to be the only kind of drama that sells any more.  I enjoy gritty, so i like this shift, but I am kinda surprised it has become so mainstream.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Martinus

Next on the Game of Thrones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_30wzerP0M&feature=feedu

Underage lesbian group sex, child slaughter, midget abuse and more!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: grumbler on April 19, 2011, 12:39:19 PM
I am kinda wondering if people haven't been trained to expect more from TV these days, and it takes this kind of expenditure to get this kind of audience (outside of reality TV).

I dunno, network productions don't seem to have better values, but they get canceled if they can't get double that audience. Course HBO's getting paid twice. Make that three times(ads, subscribers and dvd sales).
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Who are all these people? Man, to some one who didn't read the books the first show is thick.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.