News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Apparently Kit Harrington has been on rehab for the last month due to stress, mental exhaustion and alcohol abuse. It seems that he had been having plenty of personal troubles since the 6th season due to the increased focus of the show on him.

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on May 28, 2019, 07:07:14 PM
Apparently Kit Harrington has been on rehab for the last month due to stress, mental exhaustion and alcohol abuse. It seems that he had been having plenty of personal troubles since the 6th season due to the increased focus of the show on him.

What? Now granted I know acting can be stressful but they have made only six episodes in the past two years.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: grumbler on May 28, 2019, 11:57:11 AM
Quote from: viper37 on May 28, 2019, 09:40:58 AM
Quote from: grumbler on May 27, 2019, 09:38:24 PM
Quote from: viper37 on May 27, 2019, 06:35:02 PM
Edmure was a turn coat, ultimately.

:huh:
He surrendered his castle to the Frey and ordered the Blackfish to be captured.

Not willingly.
From a certain point of view.  I doubt Walder Frey would have let Jaime catapult his grandkid.

You DO know what "turncoat" means, don't you? 
acting on behalf of the ennemy?

I guess he did surrender sort of willingly, in a situation that was still not desperate and being a prisoner, he should have relinquished the decision to surrender to the actual commander instead of exchanging the garrison surrender (and in all likelyhood, imprisonment for most men) for more agreeable confinement.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

PRC

Quote from: Valmy on May 28, 2019, 08:33:55 PM

What? Now granted I know acting can be stressful but they have made only six episodes in the past two years.

The fame that comes with it all will have had an effect on his outlook along with the actual "work".

grumbler

Quote from: viper37 on May 28, 2019, 08:54:54 PM
Quote from: grumbler on May 28, 2019, 11:57:11 AM
Not willingly.
From a certain point of view.  I doubt Walder Frey would have let Jaime catapult his grandkid.
He acted under duress. 

You DO know what "turncoat" means, don't you? 
acting on behalf of the ennemy?

No.  A turncoat is one who changes his or her allegiance to the opposing side.  That Frey threw him back in his cell tells us that he hadn't changed allegiance.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Larch

Come on, each season is like filming several blockbusters in a row, and that's not even taking into account all the promotional work they have to do (and him even more being one of the main characters), as well as media scrutiny. I can perfectly believe that the guy finished the show completely burnt out.

grumbler

Quote from: The Larch on May 29, 2019, 06:14:01 AM

Come on, each season is like filming several blockbusters in a row, and that's not even taking into account all the promotional work they have to do (and him even more being one of the main characters), as well as media scrutiny. I can perfectly believe that the guy finished the show completely burnt out.

Plus, he was developing and then starring in Gunpowder and has appeared in eight movies in the last five years.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Grinning_Colossus

Plus, he's kind of a chav and would be struggling with alcohol regardless.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

The Larch

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on May 29, 2019, 08:50:03 AM

A chav? He comes from an aristocratic family (his father is a Baronet).

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: grumbler on May 29, 2019, 08:16:46 AM
Quote from: The Larch on May 29, 2019, 06:14:01 AM

Plus, he was developing and then starring in Gunpowder and has appeared in eight movies in the last five years.
Plus some theatre plays in London.  My friend and his (at the time) girlfriend caught him in Doctor Faustus, one of several plays he has done the past few years.  He's been very, very busy.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Josquius

Success is no bar to mental illness.
A recent news story has been around the amount of footballers struggling with the same. Often hits at the close season.
██████
██████
██████

Tonitrus

Quote from: The Larch on May 29, 2019, 09:11:08 AM

Since when are royals not susceptible to substance abuse.  :P

Grinning_Colossus

Huh. I heard about him getting a black eye from a fight at a McDonalds the day before he auditioned and assumed he was a chav. I guess it was a fight over hunting rights or something.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on May 29, 2019, 09:11:08 AM

And his wife has her own castle.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on May 29, 2019, 12:29:58 PM
Huh. I heard about him getting a black eye from a fight at a McDonalds the day before he auditioned and assumed he was a chav. I guess it was a fight over hunting rights or something.

Somebody didn't let him blow the horn when fox hunting.