News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Peaceful resolution - I disagree.
I think the others situation will stop short of war. It'll be a nasty bloody magical peace treaty but I dont think it'll be a simple showdown.
Quote from: Habbaku on April 23, 2019, 08:48:58 PM
I'm still holding out for moon-meteor cataclysm (a theory from the books that has only mild support in the show).

Explain?
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 23, 2019, 06:56:46 PM
The problem is Martin and the show had a falling out some time ago.  They were completely on their own last season.  Martin gave them a general idea of where his books were going and how he was thinking of resolving the series - but the show has diverged from the books quite a bit and so I would not be surprised that the Martin ending (assuming we ever see it) is different.

I seem to recall that Martin said, some years ago when it was clear that the show was going to end long before the books, that he was basically going with his second choice of endings because the show was going to use his first choice.

Too bad the show couldn't get him to help with the dialogue writing for the last three seasons.  That's where the show has really fallen off since they went beyond the Wall books.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Threviel

So.. What happened to the Black Watch Stark dude from episode 1?

The Larch

Quote from: Threviel on April 24, 2019, 06:20:09 AM

You mean Benjen?

HVC

Redied saving jon.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

grumbler

Quote from: HVC on April 24, 2019, 07:01:11 AM

Redied saving jon.

I'm betting we see his reanimated corpse this Sunday.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on April 24, 2019, 05:03:34 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 23, 2019, 06:56:46 PM
The problem is Martin and the show had a falling out some time ago.  They were completely on their own last season.  Martin gave them a general idea of where his books were going and how he was thinking of resolving the series - but the show has diverged from the books quite a bit and so I would not be surprised that the Martin ending (assuming we ever see it) is different.

I seem to recall that Martin said, some years ago when it was clear that the show was going to end long before the books, that he was basically going with his second choice of endings because the show was going to use his first choice.

Too bad the show couldn't get him to help with the dialogue writing for the last three seasons.  That's where the show has really fallen off since they went beyond the Wall books.

Thanks, I had not heard that.  I agree with your second point.

Threviel

Haven't watched the last few seasons, I just always wondered what happened to him.

katmai

Quote from: grumbler on April 24, 2019, 08:49:41 AM
Quote from: HVC on April 24, 2019, 07:01:11 AM

Redied saving jon.

I'm betting we see his reanimated corpse this Sunday.
You mean re-reanimated?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josephus

Quote from: grumbler on April 23, 2019, 08:56:47 PM
Quote from: miozozny on April 23, 2019, 01:09:02 PM
Quote from: grumbler on April 22, 2019, 08:46:00 PM
Have I left out anyone?

The Mormonts, Grey Worm, Missandei, Jaime?

Die, dies, dies, lives.

Nah, I think Jaime needs to redeem himself, and the only way he can do that is to die for the greater good.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on April 26, 2019, 07:51:00 AM
Quote from: grumbler on April 23, 2019, 08:56:47 PM
Quote from: miozozny on April 23, 2019, 01:09:02 PM
Quote from: grumbler on April 22, 2019, 08:46:00 PM
Have I left out anyone?

The Mormonts, Grey Worm, Missandei, Jaime?

Die, dies, dies, lives.

Nah, I think Jaime needs to redeem himself, and the only way he can do that is to die for the greater good.

Giving his life to save the person he just knighted for example

celedhring

Who then will give her life to save somebody else  :P

I'm running a GoT dead pool over at Spanish EUOT. Average kill count is around 15 major characters  :lol:

Habbaku

Jaime has to survive to kill Cersei himself, so I don't see him biting it at Winterfell.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

Has been established whether Cersei is really preggers or faking it? I have trouble picturing any of the Lannister bros killing her if she's with child.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Habbaku on April 26, 2019, 08:52:22 AM
Jaime has to survive to kill Cersei himself, so I don't see him biting it at Winterfell.

Face shifted Arya?

There has to be some reason so much time was taken in her story arc to learn that skill.