News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Creepy Bran's behavior is consistent with his transformation.  His problem is just that he got ugly.

Grallon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 31, 2017, 01:13:19 PM
Creepy Bran's behavior is consistent with his transformation.  His problem is just that he got ugly.

What the fuck are you talking about?  Have you seen those dark eyes, that nose, and those gorgeous lips!?  I'd trim the eyebrows but otherwise he's grown into quite a nice specimen of manling.

-----

So Bran can watch his siblings from afar...  I wonder if he already knows Aria is on her way?  Great episode all around , with the last meeting between Jamie and Olenna a highlight.  The 'old cunt' rules, even when dying.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

The Larch

Quote from: Berkut on July 31, 2017, 09:10:35 AM
I am not sure what the point of creepy Bran pointing out to Sansa that he watched her get raped was...

I guess it was meant to portray him as empathy-less and getting detached from humanity in a way, but it turned out way too creepy. I guess it was also meant to show that Sansa is still emotionally vulnerable, which might be a way to pave the way for her to get manipulated by Littlefinger. I mean, both Bran and Petyr pulled out the "see every possibility at the same time" card.

Admiral Yi

The Jamie and Olenna scene was missing one key element.  After Olenna tells Jamie it was her that killed Joffrie, Jamie should have said, "you meant to be cruel by telling me that, but in fact you have done me a great kindness by letting me know it wasn't my brother."

HVC

Ollena was to loved not to be let go on a high note (well as high as you can as you die from poison).
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Razgovory on July 31, 2017, 12:16:54 AM
I'm kinda wondering what the point of following Sam around is.  I figured he would be the guy who met and treated Jorah, but we got that out of the way pretty quickly. His father seems to be moving up in the world, so maybe we going somewhere with that.

It was kind of alluded to that Sam's boss (the guy Broadbent plays) was writing the history of the War.  I wonder if that's suppose to be Sam's ultimate fate.  Didn't Samwise Gamgee (who Samwell Tarly is named after) finish the history of the Lord of the Rings?

I think what we see is someone reading the story from a book Sam wrote. Everything is Sam's point of view.

I like Jorah, I'm glad he's back.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Habbaku

Tits and Dragons really delivered on its name this time.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

viper37

Script for episode #4 have been stolen from HBO, as well as episodes from Baller and Room 104.
Hackers are proposing journalists to seel them the script.  Weird.  Who would pay for that when it's one week away?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Tamas

Yeah I think they wanted to show that Bran is fast detaching from his humanity.

And we need to follow Sam because he will be the one to discover that magic works again.

grumbler

Quote from: Tyr on July 31, 2017, 06:40:07 AM
The part that doesn't make sense is having these ships making runs to Valyria. A land halfway around the world which is supposed to be a utterly cursed land of no return where few dare tread and fewer return. Surely they could find a more convenient place for a leper colony.
Agreed.  In the book, the leper colony was on an island in the Royne, which makes more sense.

Anyone else think that Archmaester Ebrose is having Sam copy the ancient books because he wants Sam to read them but needs an excuse "within the rules" to allow him access?  What is Sam going to find out?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tamas

Quote from: grumbler on August 01, 2017, 05:41:08 AM
The part that doesn't make sense is having these ships making runs to Valyria. A land halfway around the world which is supposed to be a utterly cursed land of no return where few dare tread and fewer return. Surely they could find a more convenient place for a leper colony.
Agreed.  In the book, the leper colony was on an island in the Royne, which makes more sense.

Anyone else think that Archmaester Ebrose is having Sam copy the ancient books because he wants Sam to read them but needs an excuse "within the rules" to allow him access?  What is Sam going to find out?

How to throw fireballs.

HVC

I think so as well. i'm assuming its stuff about the white walkers, or how to make the magic fire stuff the mad king loved.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

grumbler

We've already seen a preview that has Sam looking in the old books at a picture of the "cat's paw" dagger that was used by the guy who tried to assassinate Bran (and now possessed by Littlefinger).  Any guesses as to why it would be in an old tome like that?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HVC

the catspaw preview was indeed little finger (same rings). Unless it's a psych out that means nothing maybe little finger is going to try to finish the bran job. after all, someone who can see through all your lies has to be someone little finger would want gone.

The Minsky Moment

Anyone else think that Archmaester Ebrose is having Sam copy the ancient books because he wants Sam to read them but needs an excuse "within the rules" to allow him access?

Thought that was strongly telegraphed.  Does the Archmaester of the entire Citadel typically concern himself with the details of manuscript preservation?  Would not think so unless the books in question were of a particular interest and significance.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson