News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Yeah timing and distances have gone out of the window a long time ago.

Gups

Has Jon been made King of the North by inheritance or was it more elective? I can't remember.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Gups on July 18, 2017, 11:53:00 AM
Has Jon been made King of the North by inheritance or was it more elective? I can't remember.

A little bit of both? He's the last, known, male to have a connection to Ned Stark.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Larch

It was basically the other northern nobles the ones that made him king, so I'd say the elective factor has more weight.

viper37

Quote from: Tamas on July 18, 2017, 04:44:05 AM
I still have no idea who Ed Sheeran is, other than British TV thinks he is a somebody.
He wrote the title song for the Bastard Executionner. Greatest show no one watched :(
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Tamas on July 18, 2017, 08:52:11 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 18, 2017, 08:39:49 AM
Quote from: Tamas on July 18, 2017, 08:29:30 AM
Its not elitism. Autotune is objectivily horrible.

The sky is not blue. The blue sky is horrible.

You know why they make even good singers use autotune right? So it is easier to sell bad, propper-up crap to you because you'll consider it normal and "hip" to  listen to some computer-enhanced singing voice.
totally agree.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Berkut

Quote from: The Larch on July 18, 2017, 11:58:02 AM

It was basically the other northern nobles the ones that made him king, so I'd say the elective factor has more weight.

Yeah, I don't think Bran shownig up (a still crippled, somehow mystical Old Gods prophet thingy Bran at that) changes anything at all in regards to Jon being King. He was made King by proclamation, not by inheritance.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

You know who it might piss off though?

Sansa.

0 rows returned

Josephus

Quote from: Berkut on July 18, 2017, 12:46:32 PM

Sansa.

but Sansa likes Jon.

Although Sansa can put on Ned Stark's face and say "I'm Ba-ack"
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: Berkut on July 18, 2017, 12:46:06 PM

Yeah, I don't think Bran shownig up (a still crippled, somehow mystical Old Gods prophet thingy Bran at that) changes anything at all in regards to Jon being King. He was made King by proclamation, not by inheritance.

Proclamation through (unintentional) pretense. Enough of the north might have trouble with a targarian lord, especially with another one attacking. But he'll stay king. he has to bone his aunt and use dragons to kill the walkers.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on July 18, 2017, 12:49:55 PM

Sansa.

but Sansa likes Jon.

Sansa is annoying and contrarian, and she keeps messing with Jon (not telling him about the knights of the vale, arguing in public). Plus It looks like she's gotten some of Ramsey's cold streak.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Berkut

Quote from: HVC on July 18, 2017, 12:52:35 PM
Quote from: Berkut on July 18, 2017, 12:46:06 PM

Proclamation through (unintentional) pretense. Enough of the north might have trouble with a targarian lord, especially with another one attacking. But he'll stay king. he has to bone his aunt and use dragons to kill the walkers.

Nah, I don't think the North would have any problem at all with the child of Rhaegar and Lyana. She was loved, and he was respected, and its not like the North gives two shits about the Baratheons and sure as hell hates the Lannisters. If there is going to be a united Westeros, who else could possibly rule it than someone who combines Stark and Targaryen blood?

It's almost a little too obvious, really. Jon is King with Daeny his Queen. Tyrion is Hand, and look, he happens to ALREADY be married to Sansa. Littlefinger gets killed by Arya maybe?

Jaime is head of the Lannisters and Casterly Rock after he kills his sister. Or he dies fighting the Walker, more likely.

Leaves Bran as the reigning Stark, Sansa and Tyrion in charge of the Lannisters.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Josephus on July 18, 2017, 12:49:55 PM

Sansa.

but Sansa likes Jon.

Sansa and Arya are two totally different characters.

They don't even look similar.

0 rows returned

Zanza

Some people noticed that Sansa now has Cersei's hairdo from earlier seasons and she says she learned a lot from Cersei to Jon.

Grey Fox

Yeah, Sophie Turner is like 7 feet tall now.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.