News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones begins....

Started by Josquius, April 04, 2011, 03:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Its not elitism. Autotune is objectivily horrible.

Josephus

I only heard of him when he covered a Pink Floyd tune, I think at the London Olympics
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tamas on July 18, 2017, 08:29:30 AM

The sky is not blue. The blue sky is horrible.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 18, 2017, 08:39:49 AM
Quote from: Tamas on July 18, 2017, 08:29:30 AM

The sky is not blue. The blue sky is horrible.

You know why they make even good singers use autotune right? So it is easier to sell bad, propper-up crap to you because you'll consider it normal and "hip" to  listen to some computer-enhanced singing voice.

Hey, it's ok with me, it is down to personal preferences to choose between something shit and something good, but then allow me to ignore the shit.

HVC

I don't know this singer. This singer is horrible and uses autotune. Pick one already :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

I've heard this mook's name but that's it.

Gups

He's absolutely massive in the UK, certainly the biggest selling star of the last couple of years.

He seems a very likeable bloke but I'm not a fan of his music. I don't hate it, just seems one-dimensional to me.

That scene was pretty awful all round. He can't act and Masie Williams seemed a bit overcome by fandom herself.

Gups

Quote from: HVC on July 18, 2017, 09:30:44 AM
I don't know this singer. This singer is horrible and uses autotune. Pick one already :P

Not only that, but he doesn't use autotune.

The Larch

Quote from: Gups on July 18, 2017, 09:54:49 AMThat scene was pretty awful all round. He can't act and Masie Williams seemed a bit overcome by fandom herself.

Apparently they brought him in as a joke because Arya's actress is a massive fan of him.

One of the other kid soldiers is the guy from the This is England films.

Gups

Quote from: The Larch on July 18, 2017, 09:58:49 AM
Quote from: Gups on July 18, 2017, 09:54:49 AMThat scene was pretty awful all round. He can't act and Masie Williams seemed a bit overcome by fandom herself.

Apparently they brought him in as a joke because Arya's actress is a massive fan of him.

One of the other kid soldiers is the guy from the This is England films.

Yeah. Shane Meadows didn't improve his acting chops any.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Tamas on July 18, 2017, 04:44:05 AM
I still have no idea who Ed Sheeran is, other than British TV thinks he is a somebody.

Dude you are so getting kicked out of the country now.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Tamas

Quote from: HVC on July 18, 2017, 09:30:44 AM

I checked the song referenced here, on Youtube. Awful.

Grey Fox

Tamas' lack of musical acumen aside. Do you guys think Jon finds out that Bran is alive before leaving for Dragonstone?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 18, 2017, 11:02:04 AM
Tamas' lack of musical acumen aside. Do you guys think Jon finds out that Bran is alive before leaving for Dragonstone?

It would be an interesting angle to suddenly find out he isn't king of the north, but I think its too complex for 6 episodes, so no.

The Larch

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 18, 2017, 11:02:04 AM

The timing of each character's plotline is all out of whack, so who knows. One would think that the Night's watch would send a raven to Winterfell with the news, but they have no maester...