And we're back!

Main Menu

Koran burning, hilarity ensues

Started by Slargos, April 03, 2011, 03:10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Slargos on April 05, 2011, 12:45:18 PM
Quote from: DGuller on April 05, 2011, 11:42:49 AM
It doesn't mean that staying is the only option.  We can just fuck up the government that fucks with us, like Taliban did, and leave the inhabitants to pick up the pieces and remember what happened when they fucked with us.

I doubt that really works unless you go to the kind of draconian levels that would never get support from the limp-wristed western public. Fuck up the governments of Somalia and Afghanistan? How? Kill the leaders? They're like Hydras. Destroy the infrastructure? There is none to destroy. Additionally the terrorism we're facing now may sometimes be state sponsored, but it is certainly far from state regulated. What does Al Qaeda care if you destroy the Taleban leadership?

No, reprisals really only work if you make it hurt so badly that even the zealots hesitate.

You'd probably need to decimate the population and pick up a completely random selection for heinous torture and make sure everyone knows what will happen to their families and friends if they fuck with the West.

I'm not saying I would have a problem with this policy, but I think things will have to progress a bit further before people in general will stomach it.

reverse psychology is the answer here. Since these people hate the west they'll always do anything that is 180° the opposite of what we want. So instead of trying to establish a democracy there we go in give them what they want, but far more efficient and harsh than they ever could do themselves. As a result they'll create a liberal democracy just to spite our plans there. :p

Grallon

Here's a suggestion for Afghanistan.

Round up every male in the country, neuter most of them and intern all in camps for several years.  Give the tools to the females to rebuild the country.  Muslim females *may* be able to learn democracy.  The males are a lost cause, caught between tribal patriarchy and the death cult that is Islam.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Eddie Teach

Not sure where this popular notion comes that women will be peaceful when they're in charge. Historically there hasn't been much difference between male and female rulers.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Quote from: Grallon on April 06, 2011, 11:15:38 AM

Round up every male in the country, neuter most of them and intern all in camps for several years.  Give the tools to the females to rebuild the country.  Muslim females *may* be able to learn democracy.  The males are a lost cause, caught between tribal patriarchy and the death cult that is Islam.
Sounds like a plan, Himmler. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Slargos

Quote from: Caliga on April 06, 2011, 11:21:22 AM
Quote from: Grallon on April 06, 2011, 11:15:38 AM

Yeah. A ludicrous plan.

If we're going to go ahead and play cultural engineering, might as well simply wipe them all out and replace them with less culturally corrupt peoples.

grumbler

:yes: Nothing much more fun on the entire forum than Grallon and Slargos trying to out-racist one another.   :)
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Slargos

Quote from: grumbler on April 06, 2011, 11:33:25 AM
:yes: Nothing much more fun on the entire forum than Grallon and Slargos trying to out-racist one another.   :)

Is Languish: Dieing?  :hmm:

Grallon

Quote from: Slargos on April 06, 2011, 11:28:28 AM

If we're going to go ahead and play cultural engineering, might as well simply wipe them all out and replace them with less culturally corrupt peoples.

*shrug* I was merely trying to spare sensibilities.  Anyhow who would want that piece of mountainous backwater other than the barbarians already living in it?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Slargos

Quote from: Grallon on April 06, 2011, 11:54:15 AM
Quote from: Slargos on April 06, 2011, 11:28:28 AM

*shrug* I was merely trying to spare sensibilities.  Anyhow who would want that piece of mountainous backwater other than the barbarians already living in it?

G.

Hint: Trillions of $$ worth of unexploited mineral resources.

DGuller

Quote from: Slargos on April 06, 2011, 11:35:34 AM
No, but most of the world will be if one of us ever gets put in charge.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on April 06, 2011, 11:58:25 AM

Nukes can be wielded as precisely as a surgeon's scalpel.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Slargos

Quote from: DGuller on April 06, 2011, 11:58:25 AM

I would leave most of a remnant alive.  :hmm:

Solmyr

Which Languishite currently holds the highest social/political rank?

The Brain

Quote from: Solmyr on April 06, 2011, 12:04:33 PM
Which Languishite currently holds the highest social/political rank?

Raz. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

BB maybe. He's the only one who's had people put in gaol.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?