And we're back!

Main Menu

The Cat Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 02, 2011, 06:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Rufus is getting the cut tomorrow.  :pinch:

Valmy

You mean neutered? That is a good thing.  :)
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on June 26, 2015, 07:54:25 AM

Yes. But I don't know how I will look him in the eyes afterwards. :P

FunkMonk

Quote from: Martinus on June 26, 2015, 07:55:00 AM
Quote from: Valmy on June 26, 2015, 07:54:25 AM

Yes. But I don't know how I will look him in the eyes afterwards. :P

I felt the same way afterwards for my old cat  :D
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Martinus

Rufus is back from his surgery and acting very lively. He also seems super hungry as he hasn't been eating since last night and is not supposed to eat until tomorrow morning (although I gave him a few pieces of dry feed and he wolfed it like never before). Poor thing but very brave (he was left at the clinic for 3 hours).  :hug:

Liep

Is he named after the American ambassador to Denmark?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Solmyr

Quote from: Martinus on June 27, 2015, 01:16:05 PM
Rufus is back from his surgery and acting very lively. He also seems super hungry as he hasn't been eating since last night and is not supposed to eat until tomorrow morning (although I gave him a few pieces of dry feed and he wolfed it like never before). Poor thing but very brave (he was left at the clinic for 3 hours).  :hug:

We'll know everything is fine if he doesn't murder you in your sleep tonight.

Martinus

Quote from: Liep on June 27, 2015, 01:52:51 PM
Is he named after the American ambassador to Denmark?

Clearly. :P

Martinus

Quote from: Solmyr on June 27, 2015, 03:55:01 PM
Quote from: Martinus on June 27, 2015, 01:16:05 PM

We'll know everything is fine if he doesn't murder you in your sleep tonight.

Well, he slept with me in my bed today and I'm still alive so I guess he didn't. Unless he used his claws to cut me into these very thin slices and I am going to unravel next time I bend or something. :P

Syt

"Sorry, boss, I really wanted to work today, but ..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHRCcp17IWk
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Archy

My cats wrecked my WiFi this morning while they were chasing each other.  Put them outside again in the garden to cool off.  :glare:

sbr

I need some advice.

I have this cat, Missy.  She is a good cat, but she is incredibly lonely.

I don't know exactly how old she is, but I have had her for 7 years.  My ex adopted her, then got evicted from her apartment so I took both of her cats in.

At that point I had 2 other cats and my kids were teenagers and around all the time.

Now the other cats and the kids are gone (cats put down, one kid living in another state, the other basically living with her boyfriend). :(  Missy's behavior seemed to change noticeably when the last other cat was put down, but around the same time she was diagnosed with hyper-thyroidism and I wasn't sure what might have caused what.

Now I am sure that she is very lonely.

I try to get her to sit on my lap when I am at the computer, but she isn't interested.  She wants me to sit on the couch with her so she can snuggle but I am not a sit on the couch person.  I have been making an effort to sit with her and read a book for at least an hour a night instead of being on the computer, but I just want to fall asleep when I do that.

So I am thinking about getting another cat.  I don't particularly want another cat, but I think Missy really needs a friend, or at least something here in the house with her all day while I am at work. 

I would go to a shelter and get another adult cat that needs a home, but I don't know if I want to get a second cat I don't necessarily want just because the existing cat is lonely.

What say you?

And where the fuck is Seedy?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: sbr on July 23, 2015, 07:46:33 PM
I would go to a shelter and get another adult cat that needs a home, but I don't know if I want to get a second cat I don't necessarily want just because the existing cat is lonely.

If you don't want another cat, don't get one.

Also, I think calling a cat "lonely" tends to be more anthropomorphic than accurate.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

sbr

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 23, 2015, 08:00:37 PM
Quote from: sbr on July 23, 2015, 07:46:33 PM

Also, I think calling a cat "lonely" tends to be more anthropomorphic than accurate.

Out of curiosity have you owned a pet for 7+years?  I'm not claiming supernatural powers, but I think I have a pretty good idea of what the cat wants and needs. :)