Main Menu

The Cat Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 02, 2011, 06:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 14, 2014, 09:02:39 PM
Name for an outspoken black cat? Huey P. Mewton

:D  I was thinking Meowcolm X.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Norgy

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on May 15, 2014, 02:22:27 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 14, 2014, 09:02:39 PM
Name for an outspoken black cat? Huey P. Mewton

:D  I was thinking Meowcolm X.

:lol:

Either is great.
Meowlson Mandela would work too.

Norgy

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

I hear a cat saved a kid from a dog.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

They've quarantined that dog, and will youthinasia it in 10 days.

There are no winners here.  :(

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 16, 2014, 10:03:35 PM
They've quarantined that dog, and will youthinasia it in 10 days.

There are no winners here.  :(

There is a reason why you should keep your dogs on a leash.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

He just wanted to play.  Not his fault toddlers are so squishy.

Razgovory

That's why you keep them in an enclosed yard or on leash.  It's irresponsible not to do that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on May 16, 2014, 10:12:13 PM
That's why you keep them in an enclosed yard or on leash.  It's irresponsible not to do that.

Social services are gonna love that. :rolleyes:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Cat went to the vet today for teeth cleaning; vet castigated mildly about not brushing her teeth.  :(

With my cat, "brushing her teeth" would require a chain-mail outfit to avoid fatal blood loss. She does not appreciate having stuff stuck in her mouth, and is happy to pass that lack of appreciation on to you.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on May 23, 2014, 02:48:40 PM
Cat went to the vet today for teeth cleaning; vet castigated mildly about not brushing her teeth.  :(

With my cat, "brushing her teeth" would require a chain-mail outfit to avoid fatal blood loss. She does not appreciate having stuff stuck in her mouth, and is happy to pass that lack of appreciation on to you.

:blink:

never did my cats in like a dozen years.   :blush:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tonitrus

I blame the modern boutique pet culture for raising that bar.

Capetan Mihali

If they're eating commercial cat food especially, cats do need to get their teeth cleaned/looked at, so that an infected tooth doesn't spread and turn into sepsis, etc.

My old cat had to have all his teeth extracted by the end, except for his long fangs, so he looked pretty goofy.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)