News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Cat Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 02, 2011, 06:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 30, 2014, 11:24:31 AM
Within acceptable parameters generally means it's not a mercy fuck.

Short answer: I've never given a mercy fuck.

I've asked for one a couple times.  :D

I guess for CdM it's a mercy fuck when he likes the girl and she is too desperate and/or drunk to say no.  :lol:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on December 30, 2014, 11:48:17 AM
I guess for CdM it's a mercy fuck when he likes the girl and she is too desperate and/or drunk to say no.  :lol:

Don't be a doofus.  I'm retired, man.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 30, 2014, 11:44:16 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 30, 2014, 11:42:21 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 30, 2014, 11:35:50 AM
Physically, yeah...but you know off the bat whether she's scrambled eggs or not.

We have agreed several times in the past that psycho chicks are the best lays.

Just give them Berkut's name.

chick: what's your name?

Berk: " Chess Clock". submit your turns quickly, you slut.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Norgy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 30, 2014, 11:42:21 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 30, 2014, 11:35:50 AM
Physically, yeah...but you know off the bat whether she's scrambled eggs or not.

We have agreed several times in the past that psycho chicks are the best lays.

It's just a bit tiresome when they've gotten up before you, made breakfast and already moved in the morning after.
- I hope you don't mind that I have rearranged a bit.

:ph34r:

mongers

I miss my two cats, but they were a bit of a responsibility.   :(

Whereas now in their stead, I seem to have a garden full of birds to look after.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

QuoteN.Y. / Region
In Cat-Kicking Case, Judge Dismisses Most Serious Charge
By STEPHANIE CLIFFORD
JAN. 8, 2015
New York Times

A Brooklyn man whose cat-kicking case infuriated animal activists had his most serious charge dismissed on Thursday, after a State Supreme Court judge ruled that the prosecution had not shown that the cat had been injured.

Andre Robinson was captured on video kicking a stray cat several yards into the air and was arrested on suspicion of animal cruelty after the video was posted to Facebook last spring.

However, the crime Mr. Robinson was charged with, torturing and injuring an animal, requires prosecutors to offer evidence of the victim's injuries, Acting Justice ShawnDya L. Simpson ruled in State Supreme Court in Brooklyn. Prosecutors had not done that, she said, so she dismissed the charge, which carries a maximum sentence of one year in jail.

Mr. Robinson is not yet in the clear: Prosecutors added a charge on Thursday of attempted animal torture and injury, which carries a maximum penalty of 90 days in jail. The judge also said prosecutors could return with evidence proving that the cat was injured, which could restore the more serious charge.

Helen Peterson, a spokeswoman for the Brooklyn district attorney, said, "We are reviewing our options."

The next hearing in the case is scheduled for Jan. 20. At that hearing, a trial on the lesser charge might occur, or prosecutors could file papers detailing the more serious charge.

Justice Simpson's decision came eight months and several hearings into the case.

In May, a Facebook video showed Mr. Robinson standing on the street, offering his hand to a stray cat, and then, when the cat approaches to sniff, kicking the cat into the air. The cat is shown landing several yards away as Mr. Robinson dances and laughter is heard.

In the criminal complaint, prosecutors had submitted information from a veterinarian with the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals saying the kick "would cause serious physical injury" to the cat.

Mr. Robinson's lawyers contended, however, that the veterinarian's statement was "insufficient" as proof that injury had occurred. Prosecutors responded that the cat's pain or suffering was "established by inference" — the cat being propelled 10 feet or so shows "how hard the animal was struck."

Justice Simpson cited a case, People v. Carr, in which the court held that a person's actions toward an animal and a person should be held to the same standard of conduct. Thus, if kicking a person was a noncriminal violation, kicking an animal could not be considered a more serious crime.

Justice Simpson said that in this case, a similar kick of a human could constitute harassment, a noncriminal violation. "The question is whether the animal was injured or felt more than minor pain," she wrote in her decision. "Conjecture alone is not enough."

The cat, given the name King, was captured and adopted out by the A.S.P.C.A.

Animal activists have attended Mr. Robinson's hearings throughout and have been following the case on Facebook, on a "Justice for King" page. On Thursday, many wrote posts saying they were frustrated by the judge's decision.

"Did the judge even SEE the tape?" a commenter by the name of Michelle Marie asked. Another, Melissa McNeely, asked, "What good is having animal cruelty laws when they're not enforced?"

Martinus

Should I get a second cat to keep Rufus company?

Brazen

Quote from: Martinus on January 09, 2015, 04:07:50 AM
Should I get a second cat to keep Rufus company?
Have you had him neutered yet? If not, definitely not.

Ed Anger

Mart is turning into crazy cat lady.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 09, 2015, 10:17:35 AM

It would be easier if he and Brazen just moved in together; Languish would then have it's own 'Odd Couple' and Katmai could film/stream it, making a fortune to boot.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Martinus

Quote from: mongers on January 09, 2015, 10:20:08 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 09, 2015, 10:17:35 AM

It would be easier if he and Brazen just moved in together; Languish would then have it's own 'Odd Couple' and Katmai could film/stream it, making a fortune to boot.

Both Brazen and I have younger boyfriends so that wouldn't work. :P

Brazen

I forgot to give Taffy his pill this morning and he walked away from his breakfast and meowed at me to give it to him :wub:

Brazen

Up all night with a sickly Taffy Cat, possibly a reaction to his medicine. At least if he vomits in a different place each time I won't need to hire a carpet cleaner.

CountDeMoney

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on January 09, 2015, 10:26:48 AM
Quote from: mongers on January 09, 2015, 10:20:08 AM

Both Brazen and I have younger boyfriends so that wouldn't work. :P

That's what people(who watch reality shows) want to see. You and Brazen probably wouldn't create enough Drama by yourselves.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?