George RR Martin's A Dance with Dragons is delayed until 2013!

Started by Malthus, April 01, 2011, 10:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HisMajestyBOB

The joke's on all of you - it'll get postponed for real within a month.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Caliga

Quote from: The Larch on April 01, 2011, 10:53:46 AM
The food poisoning bit gave it away.  :lol:
I agree.  From the looks of RR Martin, he's definitely not interested in food. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on April 01, 2011, 10:56:30 AM
The joke's on all of you - it'll get postponed for real within a month.

Maybe.  At least I get a nice HBO series to enjoy this year one way or the other.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

I felt for it. :lol:

I spent a good 15min laughing at my co-workers fan of him. Now I have to go & apologize.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

QuoteThe joke's on all of you - it'll get postponed for real within a month.
I doubt it, with the TV series now is perfect time to release it.
IMO it probally could have been done last year but they knew the TV series was coming so....
██████
██████
██████

Grallon

Quote from: Habbaku on April 01, 2011, 10:46:59 AM

I seem quite unable to help you.

:lol:  I keep wondering where this unreasoning hatred comes from - I mean beyond the run-of-the-mill homophobia.  And me who find you're such an appetizing piece of meat.  *shakes head*

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Habbaku

I think you are fooling yourself if you think I care about you enough to hate you.   :)
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

crazy canuck

That was a good April Fools.

It had me going to until Habbs' fatal attraction for G ruined it.

Martinus

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on April 01, 2011, 07:35:52 PM
I stopped reading after all the characters died.
Bambi's mom was not the only character in all of literature!  :rolleyes:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Quote from: grumbler on April 01, 2011, 09:50:01 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 01, 2011, 07:35:52 PM
I stopped reading after all the characters died.
Bambi's mom was not the only character in all of literature!  :rolleyes:

Spoiler tag would be nice. :glare:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"