George RR Martin's A Dance with Dragons is delayed until 2013!

Started by Malthus, April 01, 2011, 10:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Just hit the newswires.

QuoteAssociated Press - George RR Martin, best known for his 1986 stint as a writer on The Twilight Zone has delayed yet again his long awaited fifth book A Dance with Dragons. It was originally scheduled for publication in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, and then 2010. Last month, Martin announced a definitive publication date of July 12, 2011 but complications have caused him to move the deadline back to early 2013.

"I had originally planned to add in seven new character viewpoints, create an completely new continent, and kill off the entire Stark clan in a food poisoning incident," Martin said "But around February of this year I thought to myself 'No. That's just ridiculous'."

Martin's editor at Bantam Books, Ms. Fulls, says that she's "thrilled" by this turn of events. "(George) came to me a few weeks ago and said he was scrapping 2,300 of the 3,500 pages he's written so far. Bantam Books loves it when authors take such pride and ownership in their work."

"It's not about the time or money, for us" Fulls continued. "It's about the quality of the end product."

"Also, I'm still getting the hang of this TiVo thing," Martin said "and there's a lot of football games still left in my queue."
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Grallon

He's found another excuse to postpone?  How unsurprising.  Fat clown.  <_<

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Habbaku

Quote from: Grallon on April 01, 2011, 10:40:45 AM

G.

April Fools, dumbass.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Habbaku on April 01, 2011, 10:41:31 AM
Quote from: Grallon on April 01, 2011, 10:40:45 AM

G.

April Fools, dumbass.

Man you should have let him rant on for a least a few more posts.

That was awesome Malthus I especially loved the part about Martin being best known for writing a few episodes for the forgettable Twlight Zone remake.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Caliga on April 01, 2011, 10:43:06 AM
This is a good April Fools' prank, though. :lol:

It was pretty funny.  I rolled my eyes when I saw the title, but the first line gives it away quite clearly.  "best known for his 1986 stint as a writer on The Twilight Zone" is pretty good.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Grallon

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Larch