Romney doomed in 2012 for entirely different reasons than he was doomed in '08

Started by jimmy olsen, April 01, 2011, 01:06:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Cain was born and raised in Georgia by working class parents.[3] He earned a bachelor's degree in Mathematics at Morehouse College in 1967, and while working for the U.S. Department of the Navy, a master's degree in computer science from Purdue University.
Cool!  A black nerd. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on April 01, 2011, 12:32:37 PM
Cain was born and raised in Georgia by working class parents.[3] He earned a bachelor's degree in Mathematics at Morehouse College in 1967, and while working for the U.S. Department of the Navy, a master's degree in computer science from Purdue University.
Cool!  A black nerd. :cool:

He's definitely no Urkel.  Have you heard him speak?  :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

I've heard their pizza is good but I don't think we have any outlets around here. :unsure:

Ed Anger

Godfather's recently reappeared around where I'm at.

I'd still rather go to a mom and pop pizzeria.

Habbaku

I will go anywhere before I set foot in a Mellow Mushroom again.  :yucky:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 01, 2011, 12:40:51 PM

I agree.  Fortunately for me, there's an actual NewYork-style pizzeria across the street from my office.  The pizza is very close to what one gets in the northeast.  The owners are from Chicago but fortunately don't subscribe to the Spellus Pizza Theory, so I enjoy dining there. :)

Ed Anger

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 01, 2011, 12:40:51 PM

I never had it but I liked their old commercials back in the early 80s.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Sheilbh

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on April 01, 2011, 10:36:14 AM
I like the look of the former ambassador to China. :)
Too bad he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell. :(
John Huntsman seems to be what Romney would have been if he hadn't spent the past 4 years or so shamelessly pandering and strapping his dog to the roof of his car.

Let's bomb Russia!