Details emerge of brutal attack of gay man outside McDonald's

Started by garbon, March 31, 2011, 12:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

Quote from: garbon on April 04, 2011, 11:19:12 AM
Quote from: Siege on April 04, 2011, 11:14:35 AM
So, it was a fagfight?

Looks likely. Also, I like how the same new source, now that the hate crime aspect is being questioned, is pointing out that the "victim" is 6'4".

That have nothing to do with it.
A trained midget can beat the shit of an untrained 6'4'' any day.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Siege

Quote from: Razgovory on April 04, 2011, 12:10:44 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 04, 2011, 11:27:40 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 04, 2011, 11:20:38 AM
The Gay agenda has been thwarted.

For now. -_-

Don't worry, your gay will come.

Waiting For The One
The Gay That Never Comes
Whe You Stand Up And Feel The Warm

The Gay That Never

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: garbon on April 04, 2011, 07:15:36 AM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 03, 2011, 11:11:04 PM
What if you have to travel from one to the other?
{L train graphic}

That lets you off in the West Village, you have to walk north and west for Chelsea.
Plus, I would submit that if the objective is to increase one's personal security, taking the L train is not the optimal solution.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 05, 2011, 11:30:34 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 04, 2011, 07:15:36 AM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 03, 2011, 11:11:04 PM
What if you have to travel from one to the other?
{L train graphic}

That lets you off in the West Village, you have to walk north and west for Chelsea.
Plus, I would submit that if the objective is to increase one's personal security, taking the L train is not the optimal solution.

:huh:

The L stop is at 8th avenue and 14th (the latter is the boundary between the Wet Village and Chelsea).  The heart of "gay" Chelsea is between 15th and 23rd around 8th.  Not really much walking needed (/I guess one could transfer at 8th ave to the ACE but going up 1 stop seems unnecessary).

Besides, in Manhattan, the L is easily the cleanest and nicest subway line.

But you are right, I do have a tendency to catch a cab from Chelsea to the East Village when the bars close.

The Minsky Moment

When I think of that immediate area, I think of Chelsea Market, Old Homestead, and the bar in the Maritime Building, none of which I particularly associate with gay New York.  Not as familiar with the area around 8th although around 14th it looks just like your standard gritty downtown NY location.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on April 08, 2011, 01:15:41 PM
When I think of that immediate area, I think of Chelsea Market, Old Homestead, and the bar in the Maritime Building, none of which I particularly associate with gay New York.  Not as familiar with the area around 8th although around 14th it looks just like your standard gritty downtown NY location.

I'm sorry for you? :P

garbon