News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fucking Facebook

Started by Razgovory, March 31, 2011, 12:02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I broke down and used facebook.  I suppose I should consider getting in contact with the Languish crowd.  Is that wise?  Pros and Cons.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

katmai

Quote from: Razgovory on March 31, 2011, 12:02:20 AM
I broke down and used facebook.  I suppose I should consider getting in contact with the Languish crowd.  Is that wise?  Pros and Cons.

Quick friend mongers before he quits it!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

lustindarkness

You can add me. Need the link?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Syt

I am not on Facebook and never will be.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on March 31, 2011, 12:14:49 AM

God, I thought the same thing.  But, then I look and I'm already a fucking member!

katmai

I don't think i've turned down anybody but slargos's weird 2nd profile.

katmai

I've found it to be excellent way to keep in touch with all my far flung friends.

lustindarkness

Why by PM? I don't give a fuck. I am in real life the same as in languish. Nice, now in my head facebook is real life  :lol:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/tomas.j.gonzalez   <--- comes up funny
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Syt

Quote from: katmai on March 31, 2011, 12:24:45 AM

I've found it to be excellent way to keep in touch with all my far flung friends.

Well, I generally like to keep my circles of friends (Languish, work, non-work, Germany, family) seperate, and I keep in touch with those worth it, anyways.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

MadImmortalMan

I try to keep my family separate from Languish, so I made a MiM profile just for that. For the protection of Languish, not my family.  :lol:

I use FB rarely, but I do get nice stuff from the Navy about my brother's mission in Japan and stuff, so it's not so bad.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 31, 2011, 12:58:36 AM
I try to keep my family separate from Languish, so I made a MiM profile just for that. For the protection of Languish, not my family.  :lol:

I use FB rarely, but I do get nice stuff from the Navy about my brother's mission in Japan and stuff, so it's not so bad.

Well, I found the MiM one and added you.

katmai

Oh raz, if you look up languish groups on FB you'll see few that are actually us, another way to find fellow languishites.

lustindarkness

LOL, right now the only languish friends I see on Raz's page is Tim and me. Rican and a half!
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

CountDeMoney

I didn't like those assholes in high school, I certainly don't need to see pics of their asshole kids.