Steven Seagal & Sherrif Arpaio Raid House With Self Propelled Gun

Started by jimmy olsen, March 24, 2011, 11:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on March 25, 2011, 05:09:00 PM
Quote from: DGuller on March 25, 2011, 04:23:37 PM
Oh, please.   :rolleyes:  Dupnik said one hasty thing after a public shooting, nobody knew who he was before this January. 

One thing?  He wouldn't shut up for weeks.  But he's been media-whoring since the hub-bub around last year's Arizona anti-illegal immigration law.

So weeks are greater then decades now?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Valmy on September 02, 2011, 09:31:48 AM
He is the higher-up....

In his own head, sure.  The county sheriff?  I'm thinking that that kind of hardware should be cleared with the National Guard...
Experience bij!

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on September 02, 2011, 09:37:57 AM
Oh, please.   :rolleyes:  Dupnik said one hasty thing after a public shooting, nobody knew who he was before this January. 

One thing?  He wouldn't shut up for weeks.  But he's been media-whoring since the hub-bub around last year's Arizona anti-illegal immigration law.

Dupnik is no Arpaio as I have never heard of him and have no idea what Spicey is talking about.  Celebrity-wannabe fail.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Here is one other thing I don't get: why does he need an SPG?  It hardly seems practical in an urban environment.  Wouldn't something like Bradley be more useful, given the likely foes he would encounter?

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on September 02, 2011, 08:28:03 AM
Quote from: DGuller on September 02, 2011, 08:26:29 AM
I'm still in disbelief that someone like Arpaio hasn't been brought down yet.  I guess that says a lot about Arizona, that a sheriff intent on running a police state is one of the most powerful politicians there.

The guy has an amazing knack for getting publicity and attracting fame.  He is a celebrity and Americans love those people.

The guy has an amazing knack for finding military equipment.  How did he get what appears to be self-propelled 155mm gun?  What possible use does have for it?  Bombard a suspects house from the safety of another county?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on September 02, 2011, 09:42:58 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 02, 2011, 09:37:57 AM
Oh, please.   :rolleyes:  Dupnik said one hasty thing after a public shooting, nobody knew who he was before this January. 

Dupnik is no Arpaio as I have never heard of him and have no idea what Spicey is talking about.  Celebrity-wannabe fail.

Spicey was hurt when the sheriff thought the shooter of Gabriel Gifford was a Tea Party type.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on September 02, 2011, 09:45:31 AM
Here is one other thing I don't get: why does he need an SPG?  It hardly seems practical in an urban environment.  Wouldn't something like Bradley be more useful, given the likely foes he would encounter?

Well, he also brought a bomb defusing robot, in case one of the chickens was rigged to blow.  Of course a normal law enforcement agency would have just brought a few squad cars and a van.  Perhaps a truck to transport the chickens.  It must be a very wealthy county to afford the use of a artillery, robots, and a Hollywood Kung Fu actor for a class 5 felony.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Siege

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 25, 2011, 06:01:52 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 25, 2011, 05:26:27 PM
I would have put zimmerit paste on it & painted it gray :ph34r:
That's a lot of spackle.

It looks like self propelled artillery to me, not a self propelled gun. :nerd:

Its an obsolete M109 with the old short gun.

Civilians call anything with tracks and armor a tank.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Cecil

Quote from: Siege on September 02, 2011, 11:44:40 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 25, 2011, 06:01:52 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 25, 2011, 05:26:27 PM
I would have put zimmerit paste on it & painted it gray :ph34r:
That's a lot of spackle.

It looks like self propelled artillery to me, not a self propelled gun. :nerd:

Still I wonder what the fuck good a howitzer would do against criminals even well armed ones.

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on September 02, 2011, 11:44:40 AM

And Military types are really picky on what they call a tank.  Using the definition that the military uses for a tank, most WWI tanks were really not tanks.  Despite being the first vehicles called tanks.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: Cecil on September 02, 2011, 11:47:12 AM
Still I wonder what the fuck good a howitzer would do against criminals even well armed ones.
Maybe you could use it to soften up the neighborhood before trying to arrest someone. :unsure: