Steven Seagal & Sherrif Arpaio Raid House With Self Propelled Gun

Started by jimmy olsen, March 24, 2011, 11:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 25, 2011, 12:14:19 PM
Quote from: Neil on March 25, 2011, 08:25:12 AM
Also, why would you watch Larry King?  Are you retarded or something?

Maybe he has trouble falling asleep.
Always a safe assumption, sadly.  :(

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on March 25, 2011, 08:15:19 AM
:wtf:
Why does the Sherrif's Department even have such a thing?

Americans love big government.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on March 25, 2011, 07:55:18 AM
Quote from: DGuller on March 25, 2011, 12:01:32 AM
What the fuck is wrong with Arizona, seriously?  It seems like it wants to be known as the most fascist state of the union.
Have they done anything especially fascist, or are you just repeating things you heard Bill Maher say?

They're attempting to illegally subsidize private industry by giving Matthew Hulsizer hundred of millions of dollars to keep the Coyotes in Glendale. :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on March 25, 2011, 03:34:50 PM
They're attempting to illegally subsidize private industry by giving Matthew Hulsizer hundred of millions of dollars to keep the Coyotes in Glendale. :mad:

Glendale: worse than a hockey subsidizing Hitler.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

This Arpaio fellow seems to have a healthy sense of self-regard.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 25, 2011, 04:08:17 PM

Not as much as Dupnik, but yeah.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on March 25, 2011, 04:12:40 PM

Not as much as Dupnik, but yeah.
Oh, please.   :rolleyes:  Dupnik said one hasty thing after a public shooting, nobody knew who he was before this January.  Arpaio spent decades developing a cult of personality, backed by thugs with badges.  Mentioning those two in the same breath is idiotic even by the Fox News standards.

The Minsky Moment

I am merely commenting on Arpaio's apparent penchant for conspicuously painting his own name on county property.

The "flames" paint job on the gun is also a high class touch.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

I was thinking the same thing.  He seems like a self-aggrandizing dick if that SP gun is anything to go by.  Glad he is not in my state.  Our law enforcement people are insufferable enough as it is.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

Actually, what leaps to mind about that photo is that it is exactly what you would expect to see if an 11 year old boy were made sheriff of a major US county.

And the Seagal angle to the story does not exactly detract from that impression.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on March 25, 2011, 04:23:37 PM
Oh, please.   :rolleyes:  Dupnik said one hasty thing after a public shooting, nobody knew who he was before this January. 

One thing?  He wouldn't shut up for weeks.  But he's been media-whoring since the hub-bub around last year's Arizona anti-illegal immigration law.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 25, 2011, 04:58:20 PM
Actually, what leaps to mind about that photo is that it is exactly what you would expect to see if an 11 year old boy were made sheriff of a major US county.

And the Seagal angle to the story does not exactly detract from that impression.

I would have painted it jet black.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 25, 2011, 04:45:15 PM
I am merely commenting on Arpaio's apparent penchant for conspicuously painting his own name on county property.

The "flames" paint job on the gun is also a high class touch.

No doubt.  If you want to one-up your neighbor's custom Harley, I guess this is one way to do it.  Sheriffs seem to generally like to put their name on county property, though.

A few years ago in Delaware the three county sheriffs raised a big stink about being ordered by the state to remove the lights from their cruisers.  The thing is, since Delaware has county police departments, sheriffs have no law enforcement role-- their main duty is holding auctions for seized or foreclosed property.  But they still wanted their lights or they just wouldn't have felt like sheriffs :D

derspiess

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on March 25, 2011, 05:26:27 PM
I would have put zimmerit paste on it & painted it gray :ph34r:
That's a lot of spackle.

It looks like self propelled artillery to me, not a self propelled gun. :nerd: