Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Lol, how ridiculous!

http://www.kpho.com/news/27272012/detail.html

QuoteSteven Seagal, Sheriff Raid Valley Home In Tank

POSTED: 11:07 pm MST March 21, 2011
UPDATED: 1:18 pm MST March 22, 2011

80% are OUTRAGED | Comments (34)
PHOENIX -- Sheriff Joe Arpaio rolled out the tanks to take down a man suspected of cockfighting.

West Valley residents in the neighborhood are crying foul after armored vehicles, including a tank, rolled into their neighborhood to make the bust.

Neighbor Debra Ross was so worried she called 911 and went outside where a nearby home had its windows blown out, was crawling with dozens of SWAT members in full gear, armored vehicles and a bomb robot.

"When the tank came in and pushed the wall over and you see what's in there, and all it is, is a bunch of chickens," Ross said.

In a massive show of force on Monday, the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office executed a search warrant and arrested the homeowner, Jesus Llovera, on charges of suspected cockfighting.

Llovera was alone in the house at the time of the arrest, and he was unarmed.

"I think taxpayers should be shocked," said Robert Campus, Llovera's attorney. Campus said he believes the operation costs tens of thousands of dollars.

Deputies had no probable cause to believe Llovera was armed or dangerous, according to Campus.

Campus said he believes the entire scene was basically a stage, to help actor Steven Seagal's TV show, "Lawman."

Seagal was riding in the tank.

The Sheriff's Department has entered into a contract with Seagal and part of that contract gives Seagal carte blanche to go along with the sheriff as he arrests people.

Thousands of dollars in damages were made to the property and 115 birds were euthanized on the spot.

Llovera was convicted of a misdemeanor last year of attending a cockfight and has no history of owning weapons.

Yet the sheriff's office said they had reasons to believe Llovera might be armed.

"We're going to err on the side of caution. We're going to make sure that we have the appropriate amount of force in case we do run into anything like that," said Sgt. Jesse Spurgin.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

citizen k

CountDeMoney

QuoteSheriff Joe Arpaio rolled out the tanks to take down a man suspected of cockfighting.

I approve the deployment of armor assets in the defense of animal rights.

Quoteand 115 birds were euthanized on the spot.

Oops TK.

Grinning_Colossus

QuoteDeputies had no probable cause to believe Llovera was armed or dangerous, according to Campus.

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

DGuller

What the fuck is wrong with Arizona, seriously?  It seems like it wants to be known as the most fascist state of the union.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

KRonn

Lol...looks like Arpaio is expecting to fight some really well armed Mexican drug cartel gangs! The Mexican military could use him!   :cool:

Neil

Quote from: DGuller on March 25, 2011, 12:01:32 AM
What the fuck is wrong with Arizona, seriously?  It seems like it wants to be known as the most fascist state of the union.
Have they done anything especially fascist, or are you just repeating things you heard Bill Maher say?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DGuller

Quote from: Neil on March 25, 2011, 07:55:18 AM
Have they done anything especially fascist, or are you just repeating things you heard Bill Maher say?
Its largest county had Joe Arpaio as a sheriff for decades.  I have never listened to Bill Maher apart from maybe one interview on Larry King.

Josquius

:wtf:
Why does the Sherrif's Department even have such a thing?
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tyr on March 25, 2011, 08:15:19 AM
:wtf:
Why does the Sherrif's Department even have such a thing?

Steven Seagal's TV show ratings are low ?

Neil

Quote from: DGuller on March 25, 2011, 08:06:04 AM
Quote from: Neil on March 25, 2011, 07:55:18 AM
Its largest county had Joe Arpaio as a sheriff for decades.  I have never listened to Bill Maher apart from maybe one interview on Larry King.
Surely long-standing public servants aren't a sign of fascism, are they?  After all, most states have long-term Senators or Representatives.

Also, why would you watch Larry King?  Are you retarded or something?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Makes the usual M-113's and armored car rams look like pussy vehicles.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Kleves

It seems like it wants to be known as the most fascist state of the union.
They don't have the uniforms for it.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Neil on March 25, 2011, 08:25:12 AM
Also, why would you watch Larry King?  Are you retarded or something?

Maybe he has trouble falling asleep.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?