Calling all lawyers (and other sundry old people)

Started by Count, March 24, 2011, 04:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

One Virginia Law Student's Monument to Rejection

We have all felt the sting of rejection.

Law students have been particularly stung of late, as law firms continue to be rather parsimonious with job offers.

But a third year law student  at the University of Virginia  has turned rejection into an art form: the attached model of UVA Law built entirely out of law-firm rejection letters!!

Here's the Above the Law post that broke the news of this deranged act of brilliance. The sculptor was not identified by ATL.

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2011/04/04/one-virginia-law-students-monument-to-rejection/

:D
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on March 29, 2011, 05:03:14 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 25, 2011, 03:01:08 PMHelping people is over-rated.  Hurting people by placing them in long-term incarceratin is where the self-satisfaction comes from.   :cool:

Interesting. I assumed you would've argued "helping people by placing them in long-term incarceration > being an ACLU lawyer."

Upon reflection, I like your answer more than mine. :hug:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ideologue

Quote from: Count on March 24, 2011, 12:28:14 PM
The problem is the debt- it hampers any movement so if I decide I hate it, I can't just give it up and do something else. I'm sure I want to be a lawyer now, but I'm not sure I want to be a lawyer in 20 years.

Or 3.

It's terrible.  I wouldn't recommend it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

At least he got rejection letters. I rarely get so much as that.
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on April 08, 2011, 12:28:49 PM
Quote from: Count on March 24, 2011, 12:28:14 PM
The problem is the debt- it hampers any movement so if I decide I hate it, I can't just give it up and do something else. I'm sure I want to be a lawyer now, but I'm not sure I want to be a lawyer in 20 years.

Or 3.

It's terrible.  I wouldn't recommend it.

Pfft - you haven't even graduated. :rolleyes:

I like my job. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.