News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Glenn Beck is going off the air

Started by MadImmortalMan, April 06, 2011, 05:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Will he still have his radio show?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: Scipio on April 07, 2011, 06:15:53 PM
Fuck Beck.  I hope he burns in Hell forever.  He turned the GOP into a laughingstock, singlehandedly achieving something that Newt Gingrich, GWBush, and Roger Ailes were powerless to achieve by themselves, or even in concert.
Disagree.  I knew the GOP had become a llaughingstock long before I heard of Beck.  Beck is an actor.  When GW Bush said that the President's power was not limited by the Bill of Rights, he was saying it in a Presidential Finding, not an op-ed piece.  That, to me, is treason to the Republican cause far worse than anything an actor could pull off.

QuoteHe made Republican racism and know-nothingism mainstream.
Disagree here, too.  Remember Willy Horton?  That was pre-Beck, and the GOP masses lapped it up.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Fate

Siege

Quote from: Caliga on April 07, 2011, 06:53:53 AM
Also, he hates Jews, Seige. :)

You sure?
He didn't come across as an anti-semite.
Was I that blind?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Siege on April 07, 2011, 08:49:46 PM

You sure?
Was I that blind?

lol, Stevie Wonder blind, man.

Siege

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 07, 2011, 08:51:26 PM
Quote from: Siege on April 07, 2011, 08:49:46 PM

You sure?
Was I that blind?

lol, Stevie Wonder blind, man.

Ok, what are the facts?
What did he actually say/do?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

KRonn

Quote from: derspiess on April 07, 2011, 03:20:18 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 07, 2011, 01:55:03 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on April 07, 2011, 01:50:15 PM
Beck was a thousand times more reasonable before he transitioned to Fox.

Once you get inside the echo chamber the goal posts of irrationality shift a lot. You start thinking that things you used to think were nuts aren't really so crazy after all.

...or maybe you just play to the audience ;)
When Beck first came on Fox I don't think he was as wacky or radical. I watched at first when he discussed issues and seemed to bring out facts and info. But I quickly tired of his schtick - too much conspiracy, against those nasty liberals and progressives as all boogeymen, etc, and just off the deep end more and more. Reminded of what was being done to Clinton by the rabid right, and then to Bush W by the rabid left. I've grown tired of the radical of either side; ruins real political discourse, too much distortion.

To me he harmed Fox. Fox has some good news shows - Cavuto, Wallace, others. I tended to see Beck as just his own thing, and separate him from the news or other opinion stuff.  Similar to the the more rabid lefties on MSNBC, while I still watch news shows there like Morning Joe and that whole crew.

Now maybe Fox will have some competition for CNN and the Situation Room and the Wolfman!

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)