News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Glenn Beck is going off the air

Started by MadImmortalMan, April 06, 2011, 05:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

The end of an era! He was a man with legendary views!    ;)

Fate

Milbank is wrong. There's no way Clear Channel is going to drop Glenn from their radio lineup. Glenn's going to remain quite influential within that echo chamber of commercials for freeze dried food and gold bars.

garbon

Quote from: KRonn on April 07, 2011, 07:16:02 AM

Eras are pretty short now - 2 years?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

Quote from: garbon on April 07, 2011, 08:22:51 AM

His 2 years seemed like a whole era of time!  All the talk about him; it seemed he was on a lot longer.   :hmm:

garbon

Quote from: KRonn on April 07, 2011, 08:30:40 AM

His 2 years seemed like a whole era of time!  All the talk about him; it seemed he was on a lot longer.   :hmm:

He's been around for longer, but not his stay with fox news.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

Quote from: garbon on April 07, 2011, 08:40:14 AM
Quote from: KRonn on April 07, 2011, 08:30:40 AM

His 2 years seemed like a whole era of time!  All the talk about him; it seemed he was on a lot longer.   :hmm:

He's been around for longer, but not his stay with fox news.
I know; he was on another cable station. I'm just thinking that he's been so polarizing on his Fox show that it just seems like he's been there a lot longer that a couple years.

grumbler

Is Beck the one the British government refused to grant a visa to because his speech was too controversial?  It was one of those conservative talking heads, whom I cannot readily tell apart.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on April 07, 2011, 09:29:40 AM
Is Beck the one the British government refused to grant a visa to because his speech was too controversial?  It was one of those conservative talking heads, whom I cannot readily tell apart.

No, that was someone else.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

KRonn

Might have been Michael Savage.

garbon

Quote from: KRonn on April 07, 2011, 11:17:29 AM
Might have been Michael Savage.

Yep.

Razgovory

Savage fakes his shtick.  He found it more profitable to bilk rednecks then hippies.  I don't know about Beck.  He might actually believe his nonsense.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on April 07, 2011, 11:29:17 AM
Savage fakes his shtick.  He found it more profitable to bilk rednecks then hippies.

I  remember listening to his show way back in 2003 where he went off on this rant claiming, basically, that every single minority who has a job higher than ditch digger clearly only got it though quotas and affirmative action.  Pure white-trash bait.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Yes, it was Savage who was denied a visa and yes, IMO both he and Beck are basically acts.  Same goes for Rush Limbaugh.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Fate

Beck voluntarily converted to Mormonism as an adult. He's not merely playing crazy...

katmai

Quote from: Fate on April 07, 2011, 12:39:37 PM
Beck voluntarily converted to Mormonism as an adult. He's not merely playing crazy...

Sounds like Jaron.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son