News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saskganesh

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 13, 2021, 07:04:15 AM
Did O'toole's proposition to extend La loi 101 to Federal jurisdiction employers in Quebec made it to the RoC news sphere?

Not to my knowledge
humans were created in their own image

saskganesh

Ontario is heading into double secret probation lockdown tonight
humans were created in their own image

Valmy

So...depending on how things go this weekend I may be interested in knowing if Cape Breton is still looking for Americans  :ph34r:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on January 13, 2021, 09:16:13 PM
So...depending on how things go this weekend I may be interested in knowing if Cape Breton is still looking for Americans  :ph34r:

It's in the process of being taken over by white supremacists. So, no.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

crazy canuck

Canadians can't even get into Cape Breton atm

Jacob

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 13, 2021, 09:46:08 PM
It's in the process of being taken over by white supremacists. So, no.

You talking about the fisheries conflict?

Valmy

Wait I thought he was saying the United States was being taken over by white supremacists. Is Cape Breton also being taken over by white supremacists?

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 13, 2021, 10:55:38 PM

Why? Covid?

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on January 14, 2021, 01:01:54 AM
Wait I thought he was saying the United States was being taken over by white supremacists. Is Cape Breton also being taken over by white supremacists?

There's a bit of a brouhaha between some First Nations folks and some local white fishermen over quotas, fishing rights and so on. Lobsters IIRC. There was some punching and breaking things and I believe something got burned down. The RCMP failed to intervene.

This is being widely understood as white supremacy in left of centre circles in Canada and internationally.

Grey Fox

I wasn't talking about the fisheries incidents but it's there. Altho, from a sustainable environmentalist perspective the First Nations are being assholes wanting to fish year round.

I was talking about this : https://www.capebretonpost.com/news/local/magazine-claims-right-wing-extremists-trying-to-lure-like-minded-germans-to-cape-breton-477413/

@Valmy, Yeah Covid. The Atlantic provinces are New Zealanding it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Quote from: saskganesh on January 13, 2021, 06:16:31 PM

11 pm. Night. Josephus is driving his car down a street when a police officer pulls him over.

Officer:One  "Sir, Ontario is under lockdown. You're only allowed out for essentials ..."
Officer Two: "...and certain exemptions ...:
Officer One: "yes, and certain unspecified exemptions. ..:"
Officer Two "...and he can gather outside with friends as long as its less than 6 people.:
Officer One. "...yes, yes, of course. Sir can I ask..."
Officer Two. "Unless he's going to work of course, and can't work at home...say like a plumber. Maybe he's a plumber."
Officer One. "does he look like a plumber?"
Officer Two. "He could be a house cleaner.:
Officer One. "Yes, maybe. He looks like an unemployed ex journalist to me."
Officer Two: "He could be going out to buy something from a store that has curbside pickup. Like a vacuum cleaner."
Officer One: "True, yes."
Officer Two: "Or getting gas. "
Officer One. [checks 60 page government handout] "yes, that would be allowed."
Officer Two. "Maybe we should ask him?"
Officer One. Yes, good idea. Sir, can I ask why you're out?"
Josephus. "um.....going tobogganing."
Officer One. [checks 60 page handout] "Ah yes, that's allowed under our new tough restrictions. Enjoy yourself."
Josephus. "Thanks."

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on January 14, 2021, 01:02:08 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on January 13, 2021, 10:55:38 PM

Why? Covid?

Yep, the Atlantic provinces have had a regional travel ban with the rest of Canada since near the beginning.  It has been very successful.

BC is now considering the same thing with infection rates dramatically increasing in other provinces.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on January 14, 2021, 07:22:12 AM

11 pm. Night. Josephus is driving his car down a street when a police officer pulls him over.

Officer:One  "Sir, Ontario is under lockdown. You're only allowed out for essentials ..."
Officer Two: "...and certain exemptions ...:
Officer One: "yes, and certain unspecified exemptions. ..:"
Officer Two "...and he can gather outside with friends as long as its less than 6 people.:
Officer One. "...yes, yes, of course. Sir can I ask..."
Officer Two. "Unless he's going to work of course, and can't work at home...say like a plumber. Maybe he's a plumber."
Officer One. "does he look like a plumber?"
Officer Two. "He could be a house cleaner.:
Officer One. "Yes, maybe. He looks like an unemployed ex journalist to me."
Officer Two: "He could be going out to buy something from a store that has curbside pickup. Like a vacuum cleaner."
Officer One: "True, yes."
Officer Two: "Or getting gas. "
Officer One. [checks 60 page government handout] "yes, that would be allowed."
Officer Two. "Maybe we should ask him?"
Officer One. Yes, good idea. Sir, can I ask why you're out?"
Josephus. "um.....going tobogganing."
Officer One. [checks 60 page handout] "Ah yes, that's allowed under our new tough restrictions. Enjoy yourself."
Josephus. "Thanks."

:lol:

viper37

Quote from: Josephus on January 14, 2021, 07:22:12 AM

don't laugh.  Things are so dire that Ontario's Premier spoke two words of French.  The most French words spoken by an Ontario's Premier, outside of election, since 1867.  It reminds us of the gravity of the situation: "Restez maison :(
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.