News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: viper37 on July 17, 2017, 02:12:40 PM
yes, we all know that the evilness of Stephen Harper knows no bound.  That's why Trudeau let in the same number of refugees that Harper planned, albeit faster, but only shifted the responsbilities to local communities and provinces :)

At least, he's in BC, the winters aren't so cold.

Calgary is in BC now?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Lulz - I see a sponsored post in my FB feed for some group called NDP Momentum - apparently a group of Canadian Corbynistas who want to take Jeremy Corbyn's leadership ideas and graft them onto the NDP. :bleeding:

So I decide to check it out - only to realize that their paid-for posting leads to a blank page. :D
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on July 17, 2017, 03:30:11 PM
Gross

Politicians holding babies is literally the oldest of political traditions. :huh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Monoriu

In Chinese culture, the people are supposed to avoid having the same name as the emperor.  The emperor's name is so sacred, that it is an offence to pronounce it.  Hence, when a new emperor with a new name comes along, the people who share the same name as the emperor must change their names.  That even applies to names of cities and geographic places.  Lots of ancient Chinese cities have switched names to avoid the name clash. 

viper37

Quote from: Jacob on July 17, 2017, 03:17:38 PM
Quote from: viper37 on July 17, 2017, 02:12:40 PM
yes, we all know that the evilness of Stephen Harper knows no bound.  That's why Trudeau let in the same number of refugees that Harper planned, albeit faster, but only shifted the responsbilities to local communities and provinces :)

At least, he's in BC, the winters aren't so cold.

Calgary is in BC now?
oups, I misred, I thought it was local news.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

There is a kid outthere, must be 16 now, who's named is Saku Koivu Tremblay.

That's a poor kid.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 17, 2017, 09:18:53 PM
There is a kid outthere, must be 16 now, who's named is Saku Koivu Tremblay.

That's a poor kid.
I wonder how many Carey Price there are in Montreal.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Some, the crazy names comes from the regions tho.

crazy canuck

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 14, 2017, 05:46:16 PM
Quote from: viper37 on July 14, 2017, 05:36:11 PM
if you want things to change for the better in your country, you can't ask "what can you do for me" but you should ask "what can I do for you".  ;)

I would have been a lot better off personally if the Conservatives had stayed in power. 

And just to add some emphasis to that point....

http://www.vancouversun.com/ottawa+target+loophole+rich+professionals+with+announcement+today/13767056/story.html

Grey Fox