Brexit and the waning days of the United Kingdom

Started by Josquius, February 20, 2016, 07:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you vote on Britain remaining in the EU?

British- Remain
12 (12%)
British - Leave
7 (7%)
Other European - Remain
21 (21%)
Other European - Leave
6 (6%)
ROTW - Remain
34 (34%)
ROTW - Leave
20 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 98

HVC

Quote from: Josquius on Today at 11:33:20 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on Today at 10:59:59 AMThey'll be able to vote but not sext each other or buy a pint in a pub. A bit of a muddle but probably not important.

Let's fix the buying a pint one next.

That's what the uk needs, more underage drinking :lol: . Although I guess that's one way to fudge the stats :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

Quote from: HVC on Today at 11:42:40 AM
Quote from: Josquius on Today at 11:33:20 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on Today at 10:59:59 AMThey'll be able to vote but not sext each other or buy a pint in a pub. A bit of a muddle but probably not important.

Let's fix the buying a pint one next.

That's what the uk needs, more underage drinking :lol: . Although I guess that's one way to fudge the stats :D
Unironically, yes :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

Richard Hakluyt

I started drinking in pubs just before my 16th birthday. You had to behave yourself or the landlord would suddenly refuse to serve you. It was a far better training than the alternative, ie teen only parties with cheap cider.

Josquius

Yep.
It's the norm across Europe that you can be served beer in pubs from 16. It works well. Theres no market for white lightning on the continent.

I've said before but if I were in charge I'd put in place policies to help the pub industry overall. People are going to drink either way - rather than doing it isolated at home better for many reasons that it should make  financial sense to do it in a community space.
██████
██████
██████

HVC

From my understanding*, the problem with uk drinking culture is that it's a binge drinking culture. Would younger legal access help that?

*Although I do recognize that that understanding could be faulty.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.