And we're back!

Main Menu

RIP: My Yukon Schtick 2006-2011

Started by Barrister, March 22, 2011, 12:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: PRC on March 22, 2011, 02:30:14 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 22, 2011, 02:13:36 PM
I'll be offline starting on Friday.  If nobody hears from me by April 1st it means either Telus has screwed up our internet, our we were eaten by wolves on the drive down.

It's a given that Telus will screw up your internet, you should switch to Shaw who also sucks, but less so than Telus.
I finally got their Shaw Phone and abandoned Telus entirely. 
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

I thought you said Edmonton would be even colder? Something about it being so far inland IIRC.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Yi took a toke
and all his cares
went up in smoke.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Now if we could somehow strangle his Winnipeg Jets one.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 22, 2011, 06:41:02 PM
I thought you said Edmonton would be even colder? Something about it being so far inland IIRC.
The Yukon is pretty far inland, but also 1200km farther north.  It is rare that Whitehorse is warmer than Edmonton.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 22, 2011, 06:45:31 PM
I don't mind Jetslove, even if it has taken over the hockey thread.  The Apple love is dangerous though.  I worry sometimes that Beeb might fall to Martinusism.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on March 22, 2011, 06:40:04 PM
Quote from: PRC on March 22, 2011, 02:30:14 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 22, 2011, 02:13:36 PM
I'll be offline starting on Friday.  If nobody hears from me by April 1st it means either Telus has screwed up our internet, our we were eaten by wolves on the drive down.

It's a given that Telus will screw up your internet, you should switch to Shaw who also sucks, but less so than Telus.
I finally got their Shaw Phone and abandoned Telus entirely.

I went the other way and am all-Telus.  Got the internet/tv/phone combo.  I'm doubtful of phone over IP - I like having a dedicated line.  That way when the power goes out (like it did today - Yukon Electric can burn in hell :ultra:) I'm still able to make a phone call.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 22, 2011, 06:45:31 PM

The jets one is kind of time limited.  Eventually I will get my team back.  :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Did you not have to pass a psychological exam to get new job?
As this delusion you have one would think would keep them from hiring you.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on March 22, 2011, 07:43:38 PM
I went the other way and am all-Telus.  Got the internet/tv/phone combo.  I'm doubtful of phone over IP - I like having a dedicated line.  That way when the power goes out (like it did today - Yukon Electric can burn in hell :ultra:) I'm still able to make a phone call.
The adapter comes with a battery.  Mind you, I only use cordless phones, which wouldn't work in a power outage anyways, so it doesn't make a difference.

PRC

I think you will come to rue the decision to go all-Telus.

Tonitrus

Come summertime, Katmai will be our only rep in the Far North (not counting Sweden...which I won't).

Neil

Quote from: PRC on March 22, 2011, 08:00:55 PM

I think you will come to rue the decision to go all-Telus.
Indeed.  They are terrible.

Legbiter

Good luck with the transfer Barrister. The natives were lucky to have you.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.