100 years after Triangle fire, horror resonates

Started by garbon, March 22, 2011, 10:56:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Thanks, I'll keep that advice in mind for the next time I have to take the SAT. :hug:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on March 22, 2011, 07:14:13 PM
I got a 1310, which I think is pretty good for not studying or taking one of those Kaplan courses.
Ha! I got a 1350!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Ha, I got 1460!  And I only studied just a little bit from the Barron's study guide.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on March 22, 2011, 07:48:21 PM
Ha, I got 1460!  And I only studied just a little bit from the Barron's study guide.
1480, had never heard of Barron's or Kaplan.  :smarty:

Ed Anger

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 23, 2011, 06:22:10 AM
Quote from: DGuller on March 22, 2011, 07:48:21 PM
1480, had never heard of Barron's or Kaplan.  :smarty:
Well, at some point, there is such a thing as too much of a score.  After about 1460, it's obvious that you're very smart, and anything higher is just classless showing off.

garbon

I don't actually remember what my score was.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

I think the only reason I remember my score is because it was 10 points higher than my brother's, and I used to mock him for it.  That was before I realized how meaningless shit like the SAT actually are in the grand scheme of things. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on March 23, 2011, 08:38:29 AM
I think the only reason I remember my score is because it was 10 points higher than my brother's, and I used to mock him for it.  That was before I realized how meaningless shit like the SAT actually are in the grand scheme of things. :)

:yes:

DGuller

I would be inclined to agree that SAT scores don't matter in the big picture, if I didn't get a really good one.  :)

garbon

I don't remember as I think I took the SATs 4 or 5 times with the bulk of those times before taking the PSATs. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on March 23, 2011, 08:51:47 AM
I would be inclined to agree that SAT scores don't matter in the big picture, if I didn't get a really good one.  :)

I agree that they don't and I went to a top school. :)