News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Yeah, that's not appealing to me at all.

In other news, I finally got Glitterhoof in a game!

garbon

:hmm:

Now hospitals are going to be an additional holding type like trade posts and forts.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

Hmm, I don't see health of my characters as a major thing that was missing in CK so far...

garbon

I wonder how things got so off track?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

Quote from: garbon on May 31, 2016, 04:43:32 PM

I'm guessing that they've probably mostly run out of new ideas for DLCs unless they want to add China (which, while some people want that, there's considerable opposition to on the Paradox forums).  Disease and epidemics did need bumped up a bit in their effects in the game IMO, but that should have been just part of a patch--I don't see enough there to justify a DLC.

This will probably be the only "content" as opposed to "flavor" DLC I skip except for Sunset Invasion (which is just a silly concept IMO).

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 25, 2016, 10:58:59 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 24, 2016, 06:05:14 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 24, 2016, 12:09:38 PM
There's a reason the Black Death happened when it did.  I wouldn't randomize its appearance date.

As an esteemed member of the EPZ, why did the Jews feel the need to have the Black Death occur at the time it did?

Let England and France pull an Edward I/Phillip the Fair -style expulsion again and then see what happens.

:lol:   Good answer
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: dps on June 01, 2016, 12:52:19 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 31, 2016, 04:43:32 PM

I'm guessing that they've probably mostly run out of new ideas for DLCs unless they want to add China (which, while some people want that, there's considerable opposition to on the Paradox forums).  Disease and epidemics did need bumped up a bit in their effects in the game IMO, but that should have been just part of a patch--I don't see enough there to justify a DLC.

This will probably be the only "content" as opposed to "flavor" DLC I skip except for Sunset Invasion (which is just a silly concept IMO).

I don't know. They have a lot of suggestions on their forums to play with. Building a leper colony should not have been a priority. :D

Jacob

Yeah it's somewhat mystifying how this came to be.

My guess is that it's the pet project of some senior dev or directory type (of whatever discipline) and it just hit the right confluence of lack of direction and office politics for the powers to go "fine, we'll do that disease thing."

Maladict

Thinking about getting back to this game, only played it right after it came out.
Which are the expansions to get, if any?

Zanza

Nothing is totally necessary, but:

You should get:
Sons of Abraham - events and features for Christians
Conclave - changes your court politics, laws etc
All of the face packs as this game is really about characters and it makes a difference if they actually look interesting

Optional for specific types of play:
Sword of Islam - only if you want to play Muslims
Legacy of Rome - only if you want to play the Byzantines, although it has the retinues feature, which is relevant for all
The Republic - only if you want to play a Trade Republic
The Old Gods - only if you want to play Pagans
Rajas of India - only if you want to play in India
Horse Lords - only if you want to play as Mongols

Not necessary:
Sunset Invasion - an Aztec invasion from the West, don't get this
Charlemagne - adds a nice history, some minor features
Way of Life - a bit richer characters with more options for events

For longer timeline get Charlemagne and The Old Gods. Especially the later adds a lot of interesting starts to the game.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Maladict

Quote from: Zanza on June 04, 2016, 03:09:08 AM
Nothing is totally necessary, but:

You should get:
Sons of Abraham - events and features for Christians
Conclave - changes your court politics, laws etc
All of the face packs as this game is really about characters and it makes a difference if they actually look interesting

Optional for specific types of play:
Sword of Islam - only if you want to play Muslims
Legacy of Rome - only if you want to play the Byzantines, although it has the retinues feature, which is relevant for all
The Republic - only if you want to play a Trade Republic
The Old Gods - only if you want to play Pagans
Rajas of India - only if you want to play in India
Horse Lords - only if you want to play as Mongols

Not necessary:
Sunset Invasion - an Aztec invasion from the West, don't get this
Charlemagne - adds a nice history, some minor features
Way of Life - a bit richer characters with more options for events

For longer timeline get Charlemagne and The Old Gods. Especially the later adds a lot of interesting starts to the game.

Thanks! I had not considered the face packs, but that does make sense.

Razgovory

Is India in the game without the Rajas?  I think Old Gods also brings the timeline back to the Carolingian collapse, which is an interesting period to play.                                                                         
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

Quote from: Maladict on June 05, 2016, 07:03:09 PM
Thanks! I had not considered the face packs, but that does make sense.

Personally I turn the facepacks I have off as I don't like the art style. They're definitely skippable.

Also, Way of Life is definitely worth getting IMO as it adds another dimension to the game - though it's fine to get a bit further down the road once you've gotten your feet wet. If the argument is that the game is about your characters, then Way of Life > Face packs, IMO.

garbon

Ugh I think way of life is dreadful. Nice idea but horrible execution.