And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on April 26, 2016, 08:28:15 AM
Quote from: Valmy on April 26, 2016, 07:56:21 AM
How do the custom Kingdoms or Empires work?

Its a decision. Once you have a large enough realm (I think generally 3 duchies and 3 kingdoms respectively) then you can take decision to form custom kingdom/empire that takes your main title and raises it one rank (/I think changes your color as well).

Ah ok. Far better than most of the supposed "historic" empires.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Bears? :huh:

And why is Flanders singled out here?
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on April 26, 2016, 12:29:36 PM
Bears? :huh:

And why is Flanders singled out here?

Both are p'dox jokes though the latter at least served purpose of showing that options that can be toggled are moddable.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CrusaderKings/comments/2feiej/what_is_secret_bears/
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Razgovory

Great, another thing to worry about!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

That's odds of that event firing must be ridiculously low, I've played a lot and never seen it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

New DLC continues to seem like it won't be a need to buy.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-development-diary-7-get-sicker-and-die-harder.936920/

Quoteello and welcome to another Developer Diary about getting sick and dying! Previously I talked about this in the personal sense, but today I will tell you what we have done to Epidemics.

In our upcoming but still unannounced DLC, we have added many more scriptable values to Epidemic diseases which allows us to do many more interesting things with them. I'll skip the technical details here, but Epidemics can now spread along the Silk road when present, and are more likely to spread to rich and coastal provinces while being less likely to spread to poorer inland areas. Different Epidemics can have different speeds and likelihoods of spreading, as well as different maximum provinces they can spread to and durations to last for.

Epidemics also have another effect now, they can cause Depopulation in a province. Depopulation is a modifier on the province which reduces tax incomes, levy/garrison sizes, and supply limits. Different diseases have different chances of causing Depopulation, and the effects can remain long after the diseases have died out.

Of course, I can't talk about Epidemics without mentioning The Black Death, since it was a somewhat notable event in the CK2 period. In the past, the Plague hasn't been too impressive, but now... well now we have made some changes:

while it's possible for the Plague to come from central asia and bypass India, in this instance it arrived in the North-east of the subcontinent and spread throughout it and outwards. Meanwhile, England has Smallpox.

As well as making The Black Death larger and more deadly, we felt it was a shame you'd have to play until 1300 to experience it. So, in our generosity we made The Black Death more dynamic and there is now a chance for a major outbreak to occur 200 years into any game, regardless of startpoint (and the 1300 outbreak of course remains possible too). After a major outbreak has happened the disease becomes endemic and may break out again, but likely on a smaller scale. I should note that the dynamic Plague is a Game Rule, so if you want to restrict the first outbreak to 1300+ it's still possible.

Is it all doom and gloom in this DLC? Well no, not entirely. As I mentioned previously, Court Physicians will try to treat your illnesses, and you will also be able to build Hospitals, and/or go into Seclusion to attempt to avoid infection - but those are topics for a future DD. Until then, contemplate your mortality.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Whew at least Kerson is safe.

The Minsky Moment

There's a reason the Black Death happened when it did.  I wouldn't randomize its appearance date.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 24, 2016, 12:09:38 PM
There's a reason the Black Death happened when it did.  I wouldn't randomize its appearance date.

As an esteemed member of the EPZ, why did the Jews feel the need to have the Black Death occur at the time it did?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

I don't know if the implementation will work out right, but it at least seems an interesting thing to try in my opinion.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Phillip V

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 24, 2016, 10:53:24 PM
I don't know if the implementation will work out right, but it at least seems an interesting thing to try in my opinion.

Agree.  I like to see maps covered with Black Death.

Archy

Seems Nice. I'll be waiting for it to appear on steam sale. But first I'll need to buy the council DLC.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Razgovory on May 24, 2016, 06:05:14 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on May 24, 2016, 12:09:38 PM

As an esteemed member of the EPZ, why did the Jews feel the need to have the Black Death occur at the time it did?

Let England and France pull an Edward I/Phillip the Fair -style expulsion again and then see what happens. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 24, 2016, 10:53:24 PM

Don't get me wrong, I've no issue with them implementing more of epidemics like the Black Death (though I wonder to what extent it will really be fun to play through the epidemic) but more that it seems like a diversion from other more substantial things they could look at/fix. They had noted a couple months back that this DLC would have a heavy focus on medical issues/management.