News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: dps on February 28, 2016, 03:16:45 PMIf I could figure out a way to get out of elective gavelkind while staying tribal, I'd not make the switch.

I don't think there is a way, alas.

jimmy olsen

This screenshot was taken prior to the vassalization of Kartli. 

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Phillip V

Will there ever be any need for a CK3 in the next five years?  I am quite pleased with the game and its continual updating.

Zanza

The problem with their update model is that they can only tinker and add new features that do not interfere with any of the paid features from the older DLCs. That precludes major game mechanic adaptions. They can't really redesign any of the core mechanics. There are a bunch of problems with the designs of EU4 and CK2 and those won't get fixed by just adding DLCs. The last DLC for EU4 wasn't really impressive and the next one looks silly as well with just another mechanic to stop blobbing that will again not do that and will only add random complexity without offering the players much new stuff. I haven't bought the last few DLCs for CK2 anymore (Charlemagne, Horselords, Conclave) as they don't seem to add that much substantial stuff. I guess Conclave might fit the deal, but I'll wait for a sale.

I am a huge Paradox fanboy and have bought almost all DLCs for CK2 and EU4 so far, but I am not sure if I'll continue to do so. I guess I'll just wait for Stellaris and HoI4 and play those for a while.

garbon

Yeah, I think in the case of EU4 that I'm a bit burnt. Still haven't bought the latest one and this next coming one sounds like they've no fucking idea where they should take the design.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Coalitions don't seem to do much to slow me down. Most rulers have their own plans and are involved in their own wars and ignore me until they're finished with those. Most who do get involved send their armies all the way to the duchy I'm targeting rather than immediately laying siege to a border province. As long as I make sure the Abbasids are busy before I attack my target I'll win.

The daughter of my heir just inherited the throne of Bavaria.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Phillip V

Playing as a Byzantine duke in the Balkans is fun; feed off of the pagan lands. :) My westward and northern focus led me to inheriting the Kingdom of Lombardy, though, and turning it into the Empire of Italy.

Queequeg

Tim, what does it look like culturally?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

dps

Quote from: Jacob on February 28, 2016, 11:39:24 PM
Quote from: dps on February 28, 2016, 03:16:45 PMIf I could figure out a way to get out of elective gavelkind while staying tribal, I'd not make the switch.

I don't think there is a way, alas.

No, I don't think there is, either.  Maybe some cultures can.  Do Celts get access to tanistry while still tribal?  I don't think so, but I could be wrong.  I played as the Picts a while back, but I don't remember for sure.  I suppose if they do, I could conquer some Irish country, move my capital there, and adopt the local culture, but I don't want to do anything that exploitive. 

And technically, I could change from elective gavelkind to regular gavelkind, but that's not really an improvement.

Moot point now, any how--I've already gone feudal and switched to seniority.

jimmy olsen

After 43 years of non stop expansion, the Great Emperor is dead from wounds that crippled him a year earlier on the battlefield. With my funds relatively low, civil war brewing and my infamy in the 90s, I'm going to simply consolidate over the next decade.

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

The Holy Land has been liberated and much of Bavaria converted to Orthodox by the current Emperor's aunt. Unfortunately, none of my Emperors aside from the first has lived past 51, and he started at 50 and only lived six years, even the one that reigned 43 years only made it to 51. They all die of battle or illness. <_<

1 Karma Chameleon point

Phillip V

Why do you let your Emperors go to battle?

Tamas

Quote from: Phillip V on March 07, 2016, 10:54:30 AM

He can always just reload

garbon

Alliances don't really make sense. Why should they auto-call for all wars? I don't think I should be forced to go to war with my tributary - particularly when it is my 'ally' who is trying to subjugate them. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tamas on March 07, 2016, 10:55:51 AM
Quote from: Phillip V on March 07, 2016, 10:54:30 AM

He can always just reload

If they're not living past 50, than obviously I am not.

1 Karma Chameleon point