Attention whoring for today: My diagnosis.

Started by Razgovory, April 25, 2009, 01:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I got back from the doctors office friday and and we discussed my test results and clarafied things in my report.  Because someone said I don't attention whore enough I thought I'd share with the world.

Schizotypal personality disorder
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizotypal_personality_disorder

And

Dysthymia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dysthymia

"[Razgovory] seems to lack basic social skills and is behaviorally withdrawn.  He may relate to others ambivalently never trusting or loving anyone.  Many people with similar characterstics as [Razgovory] never establish lasting, intimate relationships."
-From the report on me!

So what do you guys think?

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Martinus

lustindarkness

You had to go to a doctor for them to tell you are a crazy antisocial emo? We have told you that for years.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Strix

How many people can you expect to meet in your basement? So why worry.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Darth Wagtaros

Are you still listening to your neighbor's dog?
PDH!

saskganesh

you've been posting here for years. obviously you have created dozens of relationships. none of them are close, and likely none of them are very endurable, and nor do they really take that much effort on your part, but all-in-all its still healthier than the alternative.

thus, you are not as crazy as you think you are.  :bowler:

humans were created in their own image

Legbiter

Well, you may be crazier than a shithouse rat, Raz but you're more lucid and less monomaniacal than some supposedly "sane" posters here.  :hug:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

PDH

QuoteMan Diagnosed With Meaningless Series of Consonants
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2009 1:33 PM
Filed Under: On Assignment
Reporter's Notebook

By M Klinger, NBC News Correspondent

As we are fast approaching the age when everyone on the planet is diagnosed with at least one mental disorder, one man has reached a new peak.  R. "Razor" Ovaries of Basement, Missouri, recently returned from the doctor diagnosed with a disease that is really nothing more than a meaningless series of letters.

"Seriously, how did they come up with this name?  Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

It is well known that most doctors who specialize in the treatment of crazy folks are worthless turds.  However, it is only reaching the public eye that they mostly drunken and too clueless to actually read the DSM-IV and get a real name for new and made-up illnesses.  A quick check of Wikipedia shows that the very same "doctors" doing the diagnoses are the same ones typing in poorly spelled entries supposedly supporting the disease - often with cross references to one another as some sort of medical practical joke.

The stark reality of this situation is summed up by Ovaries, "I think that all of my friends, if I had any, would be ashamed of my new diagnoses.  Personally I would go out and attack this doctor in my giant orange chicken-suit if I trusted the doorknobs to not be poisoned." 
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

Quote from: Legbiter on April 25, 2009, 05:49:36 PM
Well, you may be crazier than a shithouse rat, Raz but you're more lucid and less monomaniacal than some supposedly "sane" posters here.  :hug:

:yes:

And Raz is definitely one of the Languishites I'd like to meet, as opposed to a small minority.  :ph34r:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Legbiter

Quote from: mongers on April 25, 2009, 06:54:13 PM
Quote from: Legbiter on April 25, 2009, 05:49:36 PM

:yes:

And Raz is definitely one of the Languishites I'd like to meet, as opposed to a small minority.  :ph34r:

Yeah, yeah, rub it in, you purple knight of the Rhokadian Conspiracy.  :mad:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

syk

Dude, didn't you always tell others you were ill or something? #1 means you're strange, the 2nd means you need to get laid and isn't a real diagnosis at all. Dysthymia, my arse.

Brazen

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
QuoteMan Diagnosed With Meaningless Series of Consonants
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2009 1:33 PM
Filed Under: On Assignment
Reporter's Notebook

By M Klinger, NBC News Correspondent

As we are fast approaching the age when everyone on the planet is diagnosed with at least one mental disorder, one man has reached a new peak.  R. "Razor" Ovaries of Basement, Missouri, recently returned from the doctor diagnosed with a disease that is really nothing more than a meaningless series of letters.

"Seriously, how did they come up with this name?  Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

It is well known that most doctors who specialize in the treatment of crazy folks are worthless turds.  However, it is only reaching the public eye that they mostly drunken and too clueless to actually read the DSM-IV and get a real name for new and made-up illnesses.  A quick check of Wikipedia shows that the very same "doctors" doing the diagnoses are the same ones typing in poorly spelled entries supposedly supporting the disease - often with cross references to one another as some sort of medical practical joke.

The stark reality of this situation is summed up by Ovaries, "I think that all of my friends, if I had any, would be ashamed of my new diagnoses.  Personally I would go out and attack this doctor in my giant orange chicken-suit if I trusted the doorknobs to not be poisoned." 
:lol: