News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

I'd like to see expanded Silk Road mechanics-say, through central Anatolia with the Turkic caravanserais, or through Kievan Rus-but I think that's inevitable. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Caliga

In my current playthrough I was able to promote the Petty Kingdom of Jorvik to a 'full' Kingdom (that seems to be a new feature), and through sufficient conquest have now created the Kingdom of England.  I guess to keep all of these titles together into a cohesive realm, since I'm a Norse pagan with gavelkind, I need to create a third kingdom and then an empire, right?  I can create Scotland at this point also, and am one county away from being able to create Ireland.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Thanks for the help everyone. :glare:

Anyway, that's what I did and it worked.  I created the English Empire and died like two weeks later. :bleeding: But my son inherited the Empire and his brothers are now his vassals the Kings of Scotland and Jorvik.

Right before he died the former Emperor came back from a massive raid on Morocco with a ton of Muslim chick prisoners, and so all three of the Emperor's concubines are Muslim descendants of Mohammed, one of which just gave birth to the Emperor's first son and heir. :D

garbon

Ask a silly question, get no answer. :blurgh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Alcibiades

What's the differences between HIP and CK2 Plus?   

Looking at both the mods, I know spellus loves HIP, any thoughts on CK2 Plus or a comparison?
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

garbon

I haven't played it since wiz went over to paradox but I liked it as unlike HIP which feels like a 'history' wank, ck2+ seemed more focus on how can it extend events/game mechanics to make the game more fun.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Quote from: Alcibiades on September 28, 2015, 11:01:09 PM

Looking at both the mods, I know spellus loves HIP, any thoughts on CK2 Plus or a comparison?
HIP is history obsessed, Plus is just stupid.  I tried it as Byzantium and gave up when the crumbling religious authority of Sunni Islam as I reconquered the Levant lead to the revival of Egyptian Paganism and the establishment of a "Kemetic" holy order that rode chariots.  Ugh.

The new HIP is great.  It doesn't include India, but there's a ton more cultures and variety, and expanded options for different groups. 
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Solmyr

Quote from: Queequeg on September 29, 2015, 06:03:07 AM

HIP is history obsessed, Plus is just stupid.  I tried it as Byzantium and gave up when the crumbling religious authority of Sunni Islam as I reconquered the Levant lead to the revival of Egyptian Paganism and the establishment of a "Kemetic" holy order that rode chariots.  Ugh.

The new HIP is great.  It doesn't include India, but there's a ton more cultures and variety, and expanded options for different groups.

But what about HIP?

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on September 29, 2015, 07:57:49 AM
Quote from: Queequeg on September 29, 2015, 06:03:07 AM

But what about HIP?

It sucks. But HIP is awesome

Queequeg

Did I phrase my post confusingly?

Caliga

Quote from: Caliga on September 15, 2015, 07:58:21 PM
Right before he died the former Emperor came back from a massive raid on Morocco with a ton of Muslim chick prisoners, and so all three of the Emperor's concubines are Muslim descendants of Mohammed, one of which just gave birth to the Emperor's first son and heir. :D
I decided to convert to seniority succession, and my brown son didn't like that too much so I had to put him in jail to keep him under control and then he died. :)  He had a cool moustache and kind of looked like Saddam Hussein.  It would have been cool to have Emperor Saddam of the English. :cool:

Caliga

So with Horse Lords on sale... I have zero interest in ever playing as the Mongols/Golden Horde/Magyars/whomever.  Is there any point to buying the expansion then?

Grinning_Colossus

You get to see an extra color on the 'government types' map.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Razgovory

Quote from: Queequeg on September 29, 2015, 11:01:43 AM
Did I phrase my post confusingly?

The sentence
HIP is history obsessed, Plus is just stupid. can be interpreted ambiguously if you assume it's possible you left out the word "it" and "Plus" is a preposition.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on October 02, 2015, 04:04:24 PM
You get to see an extra color on the 'government types' map.
That sounds like a 'no'.