News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on October 21, 2015, 01:55:31 PM
You have to play on ironman for the achievements to trigger.

I was. In fact, I always do.

Jacob

Quote from: Razgovory on October 21, 2015, 05:52:23 PM
And only an idiot would run a paradox game on Ironman.  Game crash, all your work is reduced to nothing.

I haven't found CKII to crash that often... and I have autosave set for every six months, so it's not a big deal.

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on October 21, 2015, 06:36:15 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 21, 2015, 05:52:23 PM
And only an idiot would run a paradox game on Ironman.  Game crash, all your work is reduced to nothing.

Nah it autosaves.

But it tends to screw me because inevitably a pop-up event occurs and I happen to be clicking where an option is and accidentally select something. Oh well no re-load for you!

I've played to many of their games that have a crash that keeps happening at a certain date no matter what happens.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grinning_Colossus

Maybe you're missing a barony-level holding somewhere?
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Jacob

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on October 21, 2015, 07:15:40 PM

I wish. Then I might fix it. But the achievement is "My Very own Subcontinent - Become Samrat Chakravartin", and that's what I did. I became Samrat Chakravartin.

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on October 21, 2015, 06:45:50 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 21, 2015, 01:55:31 PM
You have to play on ironman for the achievements to trigger.

I was. In fact, I always do.

Ah. Well then I am out of ideas.

Congrats, you are the anti-Tim.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Jacob on October 21, 2015, 11:19:21 PM
Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on October 21, 2015, 07:15:40 PM

I wish. Then I might fix it. But the achievement is "My Very own Subcontinent - Become Samrat Chakravartin", and that's what I did. I became Samrat Chakravartin.

Can we still call you Jake, cause that's new name is a hard one to remember.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Have you checked on the Paradox forums, Jake?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: garbon on October 21, 2015, 08:59:04 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 17, 2015, 07:32:48 AM
Wow, playing as nomads is ridiculously overpowered!

Also, dps, I think it is the adventurer mechanic. As Tengri Bolghars, I sent my heir out to form a mercenary band and at some point while out and about he became Sunni. Took one generation to get Volga Bolghars to Islamic faith. :D

So I'm starting to re-think whether allowing Islam to spread was my best course of action. I now have most of the Kingdom of Rus and Volga Bulgaria (latter as main title) and have been thinking that I might want to transition to tribal in Poland area. Unless I really propagate Islam though, might make that a dangerous prospect.

Also, at the moment have odd situation where Bolghars still hold some lands independently in the middle of my Volga Bulgaria. I'd had a khagan die when his son was underage (and with no living brothers) and lost the Bolghar tribal title. Instead fell to just strongest clan. Khazars declared war on Bolghars for my lands so took the 'gamey' out of declaring independence which then ended Khazarian war for duchy of Bolghar. Unfortunately, because I've only a weak claim on Bolghar title, we're still two separate states with basically the same color on political map. -_-

I'm thinking that AI doesn't take special units like hordes into account when determining faction strength? Only thing I can think of as to why my tribal/feudal* vassals would suicidally declare war on me when I've like 15k in hordes vs. 3k faction revolters.

After another minority turned Tengri then fell under the charms of a Catholic bishop from East Francia.  Yellow is Khazaria, currently a tributary of mine (finally as for the first couple centuries, they were my main rival). Bavaria is due , in short course, to see a scion of the House of Dulo inherit the throne (nephew married duchess who became Queen).

Taking Nordic land wasn't my fault. During my Tengri minority, the then Khagan decided to subjugate Sweden and did so without my assistance.

*Only Poland at this point.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

Quote from: garbon on October 25, 2015, 01:11:03 PM

I'm thinking that AI doesn't take special units like hordes into account when determining faction strength? Only thing I can think of as to why my tribal/feudal* vassals would suicidally declare war on me when I've like 15k in hordes vs. 3k faction revolters.

As best as I can tell, it only takes into account demense levies.  I've seen situations where it says that the strength of a faction is 120% of mine.  I can raise, say, 5000 levies from my demense.  There's a revolt, and sure enough, the rebels raise 6000 troops (120% of 5000).  But I've got a 500 man retinue and can get 3000 men from my non-revolting vassals.  I outnumber the rebels almost 2:1.

Syt

Started a random campaign as Chief of Varazdin. I killed my brother and nephew to become the High Chief of Slavonia. I then started taking over nearby territories from other chiefs. The Pope asked me to convert which I did. At the end of my dude's reign he was King of Croatia (and technically Serbia, but I haven't had the extra cash to form the title), a thoroughly Catholic country (a mid-sized Cathar outbreak notwithstanding). The Pope even gave me dispense for my kinslaying (guess he didn't mind me slaying heathens and then becoming Christian). His successors consolidated the lands while slowly expanding. Bavaria is weak now, with few allies, so I break of bits and pieces of them. At one point my successor was married to the Queen of Italy, but their child didn't inherit Italy (bloody elective succession). I would poke Pannonia, but they're allied to both Francia and Italy, so ... no. -_- Francia was formed by Everard Karling in the 820s. Charles died in 792 after an illness.

After 100 years, Europe looks like this:

And the world like this:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

jimmy olsen

Kneel to the Byzantine Emperor and then plot to take it over from the inside!  :menace:

Also, how did Italy gain control Barcelona? Did one inherit the other, or was it through crusade?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

I have no interest in being Byzantine. Barcelona was taken by war, and so was Southern France (the Umayyads had Aquitaine for 20 or so years).
—Stephen Jay Gould

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on December 29, 2015, 05:56:52 AM
I have no interest in being Byzantine. Barcelona was taken by war, and so was Southern France (the Umayyads had Aquitaine for 20 or so years).

Would seem to be the easiest way to become an Emperor given your geographic position.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

I'm not a "conquer the world" kind of player. The blobbage in Western Europe at this stage in the game already makes me consider starting a new game.
—Stephen Jay Gould