News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

So any first impressions from Languishitas? I bought it last night... and got promptly called back to work so only got home around midnight. :(

Caliga

What in the expansion is free vs. paid content?  Is everything free except for the ability to play as a steppe nomad?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Agelastus

:hmm:

This is a new one on me...the de Jure Kingdom of Jerusalem is divided between two rulers. The Sultanate of Jerusalem (run by a Catholic Christian relative of mine with a Christian heir) and the Kingdom of the Knight's Hospitaller (run by a Sunni Muslim with a Sunni Muslim heir.)
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Queequeg

Do any of the mods do plague or 14th Century Depopulation?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

dps

Quote from: Caliga on July 16, 2015, 12:45:36 PM
What in the expansion is free vs. paid content?  Is everything free except for the ability to play as a steppe nomad?

I think so, but not 100% sure.

Grinning_Colossus

Quote from: Caliga on July 16, 2015, 12:45:36 PM

Nomadism as a government type doesn't exist without Horse Lords, so all the steppe hordes are tribal rather than nomadic. 
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

garbon

Quote from: Syt on July 12, 2015, 01:06:48 AM
With all the mechanics now in the game (tribes, hordes, tributaries, patron gods, republican elections etc.) I'm starting to think that we're getting to a point where everything is in place for EU: Rome II.

I was thinking about this and I'm a bit surprised there isn't more of an effort to create an ancient era mod for ck2. I think diadochi kings with its aesthetically challenged map is still be worked on by one person but that's about it. Many more efforts for the less suitable EU4.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grallon

I reactivated my copy and bought all the expansions (save the silly aztec one) for about 220$ - the game has come a long way since last I played (2013).  So far I tried a game with CK2Plus and the other one - HIP I think?  The SWMH map is simply astounding.  However they're still missing the tools one would expect from such a polished product, namely a character editor, a scenario editor and a decent coat of arms editor.  Yes there's one included but that's clunky at best. 

And the economy still suck.  From those who created Victoria 2 and understand the importance of wealth in grand strategic planning, it's a little disappointing to see how minimal that aspect remains - even after the Republic DLC and those that followed.

Oh well, nothing's perfect.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Queequeg

I think Horse Lords has done quite a bit for the economy, at least for the areas I'm mainly interested in.  I think the big problem is that the game just can't handle the Plague.  It's stuck in Enlightenment and Victorian notions of progress being a rail line with one track rather than a weird, crazy process.
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Razgovory

Ugh.  In my current game the Abbasids will just not fall apart.  They span from Egypt to India.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Had a good start as Karen in the 867 start and quickly conquered two duchies. Immediately after the second war my duke dies and a one year old girl inherits.  :rolleyes:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

Has the game gotten harder with the Horse Lords expansion?  It seems to have, but maybe it's just me.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: dps on August 30, 2015, 06:27:08 PM
Has the game gotten harder with the Horse Lords expansion?  It seems to have, but maybe it's just me.
In what way?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Alcibiades

Is HIP that good? Honestly worth the small hassle of getting/starting a new game?
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Queequeg

Yes, I think it is.  Especially if you play in the Levant or east of it.