News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Took advantage of civil war and general collapse in the HRE to enforce claims in Capua and Latium. Won a Holy War for Alexandria, and a cousin who held a county in the Nile delta duchy (Dal...?) won a Holy War for Cairo. My policy of landing relatives everywhere pays off in instances like this because more than a dozen counts, several dukes and a king joined in with him. I also conquered that Eddessa pocket, and made (very) slow progress in the Kingdom of Jerusalem. The duchy doesn't seem to have drifted out of the kingdom, but the Queen doesn't seem to have a claim on it I can enforce. Forging claims has become ridiculously expensive. 500 for a county and a 1000 for a duchy! Madness!  Ilkanate is blobbing.

Questions, what are the best of the fantasy mods? Warhammer? Elder Scrolls? Birthright? Something else?

Has anyone done a fantasy themed mod for Europe, ala the RPG classic Darklands? Dwarves under the mountain, dragons, fae, saints, etc.

Also, what is the Temperate symbols supposed to represent? I've stared at it for some time and just can't make heads or tails of it.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Started a game in the Warhammer mod, holy crap is it an unending stream of Norscan raiders!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 12, 2015, 09:19:19 AM
Started a game in the Warhammer mod, holy crap is it an unending stream of Norscan raiders!

Just reload

jimmy olsen

Warmammer mod is crazy awesome. I've lost my first three emperor's in battle and lost the family rune sword, but I've managed to reunite nearly half the Empire and have driven the Vampires back into Sylvannia so I think I'm doing okay! :lol:

1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 15, 2015, 08:29:40 AM
Warmammer mod is crazy awesome. I've lost my first three emperor's in battle and lost the family rune sword, but I've managed to reunite nearly half the Empire and have driven the Vampires back into Sylvannia so I think I'm doing okay! :lol:

Karl Franz :weep:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on June 15, 2015, 08:32:44 AM

The game starts in 2010 at the beginning of the Vampire Wars, that's nearly five hundred years before Franz comes to the throne. The empire's split among seven factions IIRC, five holding titular empire titles.

I chose Imperial Rikeland, which is comprised of Rikeland, Wissenland and Mootland at game's start. I've since reconquered all of Averland and Stirland, most of Middenland and Ostermark, along with small bits of Westerland, Nordland and Ostland. I did this while being constantly assailed by Norscan raiders and uprising by Orks and Beastmen. Vlad the vampire Lord took over a good third of the map at two different points as well.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 15, 2015, 10:33:00 AM

The game starts in 2010 at the beginning of the Vampire Wars, that's nearly five hundred years before Franz comes to the throne. The empire's split among seven factions IIRC, five holding titular empire titles.

I chose Imperial Rikeland, which is comprised of Rikeland, Wissenland and Mootland at game's start. I've since reconquered all of Averland and Stirland, most of Middenland and Ostermark, along with small bits of Westerland, Nordland and Ostland. I did this while being constantly assailed by Norscan raiders and uprising by Orks and Beastmen. Vlad the vampire Lord took over a good third of the map at two different points as well.

How many reloads? :P

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on June 15, 2015, 10:47:56 AM
How many reloads interventions by the divine Sigmar? :P

FYP
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

jimmy olsen

Once that I recall, I hadn't realized that two of the false emperors had become allied by marriage.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 16, 2015, 05:27:43 AM

Once that I recall, I hadn't realized that two of the false emperors had become allied by marriage.

Oh come on, so you had an actual challenge on the horizon and you reloaded?

jimmy olsen

I was outnumbered more than 2 to 1, I wouldn't have declare war if I had known that they were allied.

In current news, my fourth emperor was killed in battle and his 3 year old daughter inherited. Two minor chaos rebellions break out soon after, and crushing them gave me a large enough bonus to survive the regency. Also, she converted to the Cult of Ulrich because I wasn't paying attention to the gardian's religion.

She has subjagted Nordland and Usurped Sylvania and the Westerlands, all by the age of 18. The Westerland Emperor and Vlad the Vampire Empire are hanging on though. Thankfully, Vlad is down to his last duchy, so he'll be done for after the next war.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

I don't think it's fair to beat Tim up so much on his reloading.  Regarding the example he gave, in real life you'd check to see if a potential enemy had allies before you declared war, and it is of course so very difficult to do that in CK2. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on June 17, 2015, 08:50:53 AM
I don't think it's fair to beat Tim up so much on his reloading.  Regarding the example he gave, in real life you'd check to see if a potential enemy had allies before you declared war, and it is of course so very difficult to do that in CK2. :sleep:

It isn't but he kind of brought it on himself by demanding we all approve of it :P

Any screenshots of the Mod you can post Tim? I am intrigued.

I think Total War works better for this world though.

jimmy olsen

With 80% of the counties under my control I have restored the Empire! Since I have an Empress my ruler has survived deep into her 30s because she doesn't lead armies, woo! Although she has had several hard pregnancies and I was afraid she wouldn't survive.  Is this a grimdark edition to this mod? Or is it a way of life addition? I didn't have any Empresses in my recent  Byzantine game.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

I guess the black shields are the Vampire Counts?