And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Viking

So, after managing to unify the imperial thrones of London and Constantinopel I made a really really big blunder. Going for a cheap inheritance, I married my heir to the duchess of the pechenegs, thinking that felix viking nube est I might as well go for it. The bint is a genius and has a throne, perfect. She'll make an excellent empress. Once I get her to Constantinopel I'll get her converted to catholicism, the roman empier is catholic in my game...

So... no, first of all her first born, quick, brave, ambitious and with excellent stats, is a pecheneg orthodox without the "born to purple" modifier. So the emperor dies with the heir going to constantinopel while the genius little brat stays in moldova, this is not the making of a anglo-greek catholic emperor of the east. So right now Simon of Pecheneg is heir to the empire of Brittania while Anselm de Normandie is heir to the Roman Empire.

Edmund the Great Emperor of the Britons and the Romans is 51 years old with the game in 1420. I'm sitting here desperately hoping he lives to be 75 so I can convert the game and continue it.

I managed to get imperial administration which seems to be gods gift to my style of administration. I break up plots by revoking all the dukes in them.

Fingers crossed....
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

I haven't used th econverter yet, I wonder if I start as a horde if I'm "The Khaganate of Britain" or if I even have english ideas...

Edit: England has Pecheneg as it's primary culture, Byzantium has English as their primary culture. I was hoping for possibly horde ideas.. but noo...

Not as interesting as a Steppe Nomad England would have been.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Valmy

I thought the converter didn't work anymore?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

Quote from: Valmy on December 16, 2014, 10:34:15 AM
I thought the converter didn't work anymore?

Groogy (the guy working on the converter) personally asserted to me that it had been working for at least two patches. I remain skeptical. In any case they updated it yesterday.

Agelastus

Well, blow me...the converter works.

No runtime error, smooth as silk.

Finally got that 769 start Gwynned game converted; now to see how it goes in EUIV.

:yeah:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

garbon

I'm hoping when they finally settle down a bit with EU4 patches to then finish modding my CK2 port to continue my AAR. I wouldn't just use the vanilla export as depending on how far your CK2 game veered from our timeline, there will be a lot in EU4 that just doesn't make sense.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

Most of the older DLCs are 75% off for the launch of "Way of Life". Just downloaded the latter from Steam and will check it out now. I haven't played CK in a while.
I did not download "Charlemagne" as adding another 100 years when I never reach the end doesn't do much for me.

garbon

I picked up the Med portraits to get the new revised set for Byzantines. :)

Italians now fall under the Iberian one, so for now they are just standard WE portraits for me. :(

Martinus

There is a new Iberian portrait DLC though.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on December 17, 2014, 12:31:56 PM
There is a new Iberian portrait DLC though.

Yeah I said as much. I'm just not purchasing at the moment at the $2 price. I'm about to leave on vacation so no need to purchase it not on sale. :D -_-

Zanza

I own 31 DLCs for CK2 now. I wonder what I paid for the game by now. I guess I still get a fairly good quota of "hours of entertainment per euro" though.

garbon

Syt

49, according to the right-click => DLC menu. But I have all music/face/unit packs. :blush:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.