News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

I think what it achieves is to give people more options for decisions and interactions without making all of them available to everyone at no cost at all times (which was the original problem with stuff like assassinations, marriages etc.)

Razgovory

Looks neat.  I didn't get the last one, it just wasn't doing anything for me.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Viking

Managed to get this bint on the throne

I'm pretty impressed with those stats. Her husband the Baron of Bakewell was selected for her in a matrilineal marriage after an exhaustive search throughout europe. He's a Quick and Ambitious Bastard. When arranging for the succession her reasonably competent elder brother decided to join the Knights Templar and her elder sister was an imbecile. I had made the mistake of creating the kingdom of wales forgetting that I had Gavelkind to quickly conquer wales. Now the first move my monarchs make now is to invade wales on the day after the succession. Fortunately her father had planned for the succession. Her imbecile elder sister had been imprisoned for the purpose for sending her to a convent, she escaped, but fortunately she died. I did not have her assassinated, somebody else did. Catherine got the demon possessed event tree early on and I considered her wasted so I took risky options for her education and hit the jackpot.

Right now she has problems with the great bishops in Warwick and Durham, the superstitious retards. So far she is living up to her Norman heritage trying to strike at the rebel factions before the rebel factions strike at her. She's already beaten the combined Franco-Scottish throne in one war. She's gonna get overthrown or be the first English Monarch called "The Great" since Alfred.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

A gluttonous, cruel lesbian? Guess you've got yourself Rosie O'Donnell.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

Well, she did go cathar and get crusaded by Scoto-France, losing the duchy of Northumberland. Eventually the catharism meant that I couldn't get rid of the welsh gavelkind. I'm just gonna conquer it bit by bit now.

I can't get the "Demand all claims" that I used to get in earlier versions. Now it seems I need to conquer northumberland province by province. Any tips?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

Apparently there is going to be a new Iberian portrait pack and then they are releasing a new version of the Mediterranean portraits for free*! :)

*assuming you have that med pack, they are updated in this latest beta patch.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

Good. The Mediterranean ones looked a bit goofy. I am looking forward to another round or two of Crusader Kings over the Christmas Break with the new DLC.

Does the Charlemagne DLC have anything interesting if you don't want to play Charlemagne?

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on December 13, 2014, 10:58:38 AM
Good. The Mediterranean ones looked a bit goofy. I am looking forward to another round or two of Crusader Kings over the Christmas Break with the new DLC.

Does the Charlemagne DLC have anything interesting if you don't want to play Charlemagne?

I haven't it bought it either, so can't really say but here's what they have listed was in DLC (and not patch):

• Start date pushed back to 769.
  • Viceroyalty: non-tribal emperor tier characters will be able to appoint viceroys (lifetime governorship, the title goes back to the liege on death)
  • Custom kingdoms and empires (3 duchies to form a titular kingdom, 3 kingdoms to form a titular empire)
  • Narrative events to tell historical stories and relations between important characters.
  • Chronicles of your dynasty
  • Special features of Zuni religion

Syt

Didn't they also add special rules for tribes?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

I think that was part of the patch?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

What? I assume that just means it enables you to play that religion / whatever mechanics it has?

garbon

Other thought is that you are thinking of the Zuni as in Native Americans. That's not what it is - just another time where P'dox uses odd terminology. It is for these people:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zunbils