Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: Martinus on November 25, 2014, 05:22:48 AM
A new DLC announced:

QuoteHi everyone,

Today we're announcing that we're in the midst of developing something new for Crusader Kings II, a project that will allow you to get even deeper into the role-playing aspects of the game. Way of Life, the next DLC for CK2, will let you become a better (or worse!) ruler and grant you more power over personal relationships than ever before.

Sure, it's nice to have someone cozy up to you and be your lover while you're sitting atop the throne, but what if you could choose who to seduce? Or, after getting into that relationship on the side, what if you discover that you just need some space and had a way to break it off? You know, without having your soon-to-be ex-lover assassinated. These things and much more, including hundreds of new events, are coming to Way of Life.

With every piece of DLC, we always issue a patch for the vanilla game that allows everyone to take advantage of the changes being made to CK2, and this will be no different EXCEPT this particular time we're asking for your assistance by helping us test out the patch ahead of the launch of Way of Life. The beta test will begin next week and we'll have more details on how to fabricate a claim to beta test soon, so be on the lookout.

- Paradox Development Studio & Paradox Interactive

I'm looking forward to it.  :)

Aye, it would be great to have more control about what your monarch does instead of so many randomnes (random is good, mind, I just would love to be able to provide some more input). I just hope it doesn't open up to too much minmaxing.

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on December 06, 2014, 03:07:55 PM
I just hope it doesn't open up to too much minmaxing.

Just don't do that, if you don't want to? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on December 06, 2014, 03:58:09 PM
Quote from: celedhring on December 06, 2014, 03:07:55 PM
I just hope it doesn't open up to too much minmaxing.

Just don't do that, if you don't want to? :unsure:

The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on December 06, 2014, 09:51:59 AM
Did they say anything about why they removed the diplomacy screen / turned it into a floating set of options? Looks rather ugly now.
[/quote
Is this in game already or in some screenshots?

garbon

It is in that public beta patch that they released on 11/28.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

It seems the DLC will be out in a week.  :huh:

garbon

I thought they were timing for a pre-Christmas release / that's why they made a big effort at noting how it was a minor DLC.

Syt

Someone noticed that the "cover art" for the new DLC seems to be movie inspired:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Man, that's how sit on the shitter.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Martinus

There are also some cool screenshots in the development diary, showing the new focus systems, but no idea how to link them here.

garbon

If you open image in a new tab, you can just use that url to post image. Though there isn't anything in the url that looks like a typical graphic file extension, it'll show here as an image when you put img tags around it.

Martinus

Martinus

I like more interactions but I am not sure how I feel about the 5 year limit on focus changes. It makes the game feel more game-y, but also prevents exploits, I guess.

garbon

Yeah, I mean the one thing that it will do, is perhaps prevent times where you could otherwise interrupt the event chains - as they seem to have suggested that once you change it will end any active event chains for old focus.

Really, of course, the whole focus thing is kinda gamey as most people don't consciously devote their energies to just one key aspect at a time - though in practice that might be the case.