News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on October 29, 2014, 03:37:48 PM
Yeah, I think that's a good thing. Sounds like it covers up the gamey route of trying to control a lot of territory but only having one major title so you can keep everything in realm.

I just formed the empire of Scandinavia in my most recent game (the Swedish King and his heir in the Charlemagne are stupidly over powered and well positioned - apparently not uncommon in Paradox games). It'll be interesting to see how it goes once succession time comes around.

Though, it's a bit weird... the previous generation I had to other heirs in play. I had granted one of them a bunch of counties in Finland and title to match, while the other got a Duchy in Norway. The gavelkind succession gave the Norwegian based count the King of Finland title (which it created, and he became independent), while the Duke holding all the Finnish counties remained subject to my Swedish kingdom.

It would make much more sense to me if the Finnish Duke got the Kingdom title and the remaining counties, and the Norwegian guy stayed put. Oh well.

Agelastus

And they've broken the CK2-EUIV converter again. Apparently known according to a quick look at Paradox, although in my case I'm not using a custom kingdom.

(They actually had fixed it with the very last patch before the release of the latest expansion and betas; I tested it with a save game that had been breaking before.)

So, here I am approaching 1444 from a 769 start and I decide to test how the converter's going to work to see if I need to be a trucebreaker to grab the one county sitting in the middle of Iberia that I don't own before the change of game and...the old runtime issue, again.  :rolleyes:

Considering the only reason I wasted even the tiny amount of money I did buying EUIV when it was on sale was the converter I guess the appropriate emoticon is... :mad:.

"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Grey Fox

I've won a CK2 key from PCgamer.

:)
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Agelastus on November 01, 2014, 01:21:02 PM
And they've broken the CK2-EUIV converter again. Apparently known according to a quick look at Paradox, although in my case I'm not using a custom kingdom.

(They actually had fixed it with the very last patch before the release of the latest expansion and betas; I tested it with a save game that had been breaking before.)

So, here I am approaching 1444 from a 769 start and I decide to test how the converter's going to work to see if I need to be a trucebreaker to grab the one county sitting in the middle of Iberia that I don't own before the change of game and...the old runtime issue, again.  :rolleyes:

Considering the only reason I wasted even the tiny amount of money I did buying EUIV when it was on sale was the converter I guess the appropriate emoticon is... :mad:.

Well it has never really been up to snuff. I mean it is egregiously bad now - in that if you convert (and manually add in line so game will recognize the mod), you've all those fun province gaps and non-accepted cultures, but it was never really that great to begin with (and certainly not worth paying for if that's what one did). I've always thought of it as a good starting point for an intense modding session. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Agelastus

Quote from: garbon on November 03, 2014, 10:37:10 AM
Well it has never really been up to snuff. I mean it is egregiously bad now - in that if you convert (and manually add in line so game will recognize the mod), you've all those fun province gaps and non-accepted cultures, but it was never really that great to begin with (and certainly not worth paying for if that's what one did). I've always thought of it as a good starting point for an intense modding session. :D

I did wait for a massive sale. I haven't been interested in an EU game for anything other than its possible usage with converters, both official and unofficial, since HTTT was the standard for EU3. I bought Divine Wind when it was massively on sale solely to test the unofficial CK2-EU3 converter as well. :D

Now what do you mean by "province gaps"? I didn't notice that with the test conversion I made of an old save game from the 1330s (an Old Gods) campaign before buying Charlemagne. :hmm:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

garbon

Quote from: Agelastus on November 03, 2014, 05:51:35 PM
Now what do you mean by "province gaps"? I didn't notice that with the test conversion I made of an old save game from the 1330s (an Old Gods) campaign before buying Charlemagne. :hmm:

Sorry, I meant that is a current problem with converter now that 1.8 has debuted. If you use converter on CK2 game, then open with EU4 (first you have to add in line to mod file saying that it is supported by 1.8), then you end up with a lot of provinces that still are held by the standard EU4 nation - basically all of the new provinces that game does not know what converted countries to assign to as converter doesn't know that new provinces exist. Or at least that is what happened when I initially tried to convert.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Agelastus

Oh...

Curiously enough, just before the new update was released, I thought "Surely Paradox won't be stupid enough to release an update for EUIV without ensuring backwards compatibility with CK2; even if it's undocumented the mapping update will be in one of the beta patches..."

And once again, Paradox proves me wrong. :rolleyes:

I'm beginning to shudder at the thought of the botch they'll make of HOI4. :(
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

garbon

I believe there is only one person supporting the converter. But yeah I thought they would likely have planned to have it setup...

Queequeg

I increasingly like playing Catholic powers just because I love the drama of the institution and watching it grow with conquests/conversions in the Baltic, ME and Iberia. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Martinus

A new DLC announced:

QuoteHi everyone,

Today we're announcing that we're in the midst of developing something new for Crusader Kings II, a project that will allow you to get even deeper into the role-playing aspects of the game. Way of Life, the next DLC for CK2, will let you become a better (or worse!) ruler and grant you more power over personal relationships than ever before.

Sure, it's nice to have someone cozy up to you and be your lover while you're sitting atop the throne, but what if you could choose who to seduce? Or, after getting into that relationship on the side, what if you discover that you just need some space and had a way to break it off? You know, without having your soon-to-be ex-lover assassinated. These things and much more, including hundreds of new events, are coming to Way of Life.

With every piece of DLC, we always issue a patch for the vanilla game that allows everyone to take advantage of the changes being made to CK2, and this will be no different EXCEPT this particular time we're asking for your assistance by helping us test out the patch ahead of the launch of Way of Life. The beta test will begin next week and we'll have more details on how to fabricate a claim to beta test soon, so be on the lookout.

- Paradox Development Studio & Paradox Interactive

I'm looking forward to it.  :)

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

There have already been several articles about titles of threads from Crusader Kings 2 forums, but I couldn't help myself - here's a small selection from the latest batch (all taken from the last week only):

No thank you, I'd rather not be your concubine... Dad...
I just married my imbecile daughter to the young west frankian king
Polyandry and Male concubines
how do I sleep with my sister?
Can I sleep with my mom?
Can I have heterosexual relations with my devoted and loving wife
Castration and blinding opinion malus removed?
WTF?!? Friends with a norse

:D

Norgy

Yeah, P'dox gamers are a healthy bunch.

Solmyr

Quote from: Martinus on December 03, 2014, 08:34:29 AM
WTF?!? Friends with a norse

I can understand the rest, but this one? Unacceptable! :mad:

garbon

Did they say anything about why they removed the diplomacy screen / turned it into a floating set of options? Looks rather ugly now.