News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I think Sengoku was sort of the stab at that.  It didn't sell well.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on August 22, 2014, 09:10:06 PM

Oh that's what I mean though. Both Sengoku and Rome (and in fact even the original CK) were sort of failed attempts at doing character driven political/strategy games. It'd be cool if they could revisit them using what they have learned in process of making CK2.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on August 22, 2014, 09:55:06 PM

Oh that's what I mean though. Both Sengoku and Rome (and in fact even the original CK) were sort of failed attempts at doing character driven political/strategy games. It'd be cool if they could revisit them using what they have learned in process of making CK2.

I think that problem with Sengoku was that it's setting didn't sell.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Maybe but Shogun Total War did.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Shogun had battles, and was one of the best strategy games in years. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Maximus

Quote from: Queequeg on August 24, 2014, 10:49:01 AM
Shogun had battles, and was one of the best strategy games in years.
Tactical, sure. Not strategy

Queequeg

I think the strategy game was also pretty great.  It was just a wonderful game. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Syt

Started a game as Boulogne in 867 and quit after less than a year. Turns out your counties are de jure part of Flanders and he immediately DOWed me. His 2500 men against my (with mercenaries) 1800. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Reorganized bookmarks.

Charlie.

Snow.

Blobs.

Assassination icon removed.

garbon

Hide 'n seek time! You can defend from assassination plots.

Maternal favoritism.

Tribal holding is restricted one holding per county (except for one Temple holding). Prestige is more important currency than money for tribes (i.e. prestige is used to construct buildings). Vassals don't provide direct troops or money (except tributes).

HVC

Playing the rajas is kind of fun. Messed up and became an untouchable and the Hindus don't like me much.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Norgy

Quote from: Queequeg on August 24, 2014, 12:31:35 PM
I think the strategy game was also pretty great.  It was just a wonderful game.

Which one? Shogun: TW2 certainly was a beauty.

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on August 22, 2014, 09:55:06 PM

Never even heard of Sengoku. So I bought it and it's fun. Needs a lot more events though :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Norgy

I just realised I have bought CK II DLC double, and have unused serial keys for:

QuoteCrusader Kings II The Mongols  (Unused serials)
Crusader Kings II: Byzantine...  (Unused serials)
Crusader Kings II: Celtic...  (Unused serials)
Crusader Kings II: Celtic...  (Unused serials)
Crusader Kings II:...  (Unused serials)
Crusader Kings II: Dynasty...  (Unused serials)
Crusader Kings II: Europa...  (Unused serials)
Crusader Kings II: Hymns to...  (Unused serials)
Crusader Kings II: Legacy of...  (Unused serials)
Crusader Kings II:...  (Unused serials)
Crusader Kings II: Military...  (Unused serials)
Crusader Kings II: Norse...  (Unused serials)
Crusader Kings II: Norse Unit...  (Unused serials)
Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
Crusader Kings II: Ruler...  (Unused serials)
Crusader Kings II: Russian...  (Unused serials)
Crusader Kings II: Russian...  (Unused serials)
Crusader Kings II: Songs of...  (Unused serials)
Crusader Kings II: Sons of...  (Unused serials)
Crusader Kings II: Sword of...  (Unused serials)
Crusader Kings II: The Old...  (Unused serials)
Crusader Kings II: The...  (Unused serials)

Well, pretty much everything. If anyone misses some DLC, I'd be happy to just give them away. Should work on Steam copies of the game as well...