News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OttoVonBismarck

So what I assume is a newish bug has me annoyed in my current Byzantine game (9th century start), when you take Rome from the Pope, all the cities/temples/castles in the county remain under the Papacy and the Pope doesn't hold any of them as owner. Because this turns the Pope into a Titular Title only ruler (like the Coptic Pope or other similar religious leaders), you can't even declare war on him, and you can't declare war on the Mayors/Barons because they aren't independent.

The only workaround I could find was to assassinate the baron over and over again until their liege (the Pope) inherits the barony and then you can DoW him. But you can only press claim on one of the holdings at a time. I picked one of the cities because I wanted to make sure I took both of them first as I wasn't sure assassinating a city leader eventually gave their liege ownership or if the randomly generated mayors would just keep appearing (thus making it impossible to take the holding ever.) So over like a 15 year span (based on changing of the Popes) I've been able to get take 2 cities and one of the temples but still have two more holdings to take to have full control of Rome. Also for the various Byzantine special actions like Restore Roman Empire or Mend the Great Schism (which is ridiculous pre-1054 but I digress) those little sub-county holdings do count for purposes of having "complete control" of Latium.

It's this kind of situation that might lead me to do some save editing or something if it happens again.

garbon

Known newish bug. Still to be fixed.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ulmont

Quote from: Valmy on May 05, 2014, 08:46:38 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 05, 2014, 08:41:56 AM
Yeah cynical is about religious skepticism in CK2.

Which I think it a bit anachronistic, not unheard of but rare enough it seems weird to have it being a trait.  I tend to think of it more like anti-Clericalism which was actually a thing.

Well, in addition to the anti-Clericalism point, from the Old Gods start you do have a lot of pagans changing religion over the course of the game.  It makes sense that some rulers would be more willing to change religion for perceived political gain than others, and "Zealous / Cynical" is as good a set of names as any.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on May 05, 2014, 11:25:52 AM
So what I assume is a newish bug has me annoyed in my current Byzantine game (9th century start), when you take Rome from the Pope, all the cities/temples/castles in the county remain under the Papacy and the Pope doesn't hold any of them as owner. Because this turns the Pope into a Titular Title only ruler (like the Coptic Pope or other similar religious leaders), you can't even declare war on him, and you can't declare war on the Mayors/Barons because they aren't independent.

The only workaround I could find was to assassinate the baron over and over again until their liege (the Pope) inherits the barony and then you can DoW him. But you can only press claim on one of the holdings at a time. I picked one of the cities because I wanted to make sure I took both of them first as I wasn't sure assassinating a city leader eventually gave their liege ownership or if the randomly generated mayors would just keep appearing (thus making it impossible to take the holding ever.) So over like a 15 year span (based on changing of the Popes) I've been able to get take 2 cities and one of the temples but still have two more holdings to take to have full control of Rome. Also for the various Byzantine special actions like Restore Roman Empire or Mend the Great Schism (which is ridiculous pre-1054 but I digress) those little sub-county holdings do count for purposes of having "complete control" of Latium.

It's this kind of situation that might lead me to do some save editing or something if it happens again.

didn't encounter that... maybe because I took the Dutcky of Latium first and then pressed ducal claims?

OttoVonBismarck

That could certainly be, I took Rome first because I was wanting to avoid a war with Italy at that point as it was actually a mega-Kingdom w/united Italy, Lotharingia and East Francia. I almost thought we'd see the HRE formed (which I've never seen happen in a 9th century start game), but the kingdom got carved up when that king died.

Caliga

So my king Ivar the Cruel manages to conquer Mercia, and as he was getting up there in age I start thinking about secession since as I'm a Norse pagan it's all fucked up like usual and I happen to have twin elder sons.  Just as I start trying to figure out what to do, I get a message that my first son wants to join the Varangian Guard and I decide to let him go.  Then the second one asks to go also.  So I think to myself, cool, one of them might die and the other might come back with some kickass martial skills to help me keep conquering England.

A few years later the first one comes back and he's become Greek Orthodox. :(

I'm contemplating assassinating him, and then the second comes back and he's a homosexual. :lol:

Thanks a lot, Greek homos.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Man that is some impressive historical accuracy right there.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

So my king took an army into the Orkneys to fight in some rebellion or another and got killed, and now the Kingdom of Mercia is ruled by an Orthodox dude.  His gay bro is the King of East Anglia, and in fact nearly every province in the northeast of England is now ruled by a petty Norse kingdom--a cousin is the King of Essex, and another cousin is the King of Southern Isles, based in Bedford. :hmm:

For some reason it seems like it's impossible for my Orthodox King to have a religious council dude, which is strange since I do have a number of other Orthodox guys in my court now.

Maximus

Orthodox court chaplains have to be landed.

Caliga

Quote from: Maximus on May 07, 2014, 07:30:30 PM
Orthodox court chaplains have to be landed.
Ah!  Thanks. :cool:

Caliga

Gay brother died of a 'longtime illness' :shifty: so I have East Anglia back.  I also banged a young hot chick in my court and had a bastard son with her, and since I hate my ugly Hungarian wife I decided to assassinate her so I could marry my Norse Orthodox girlfriend. :)

Ed Anger

I like to have my ruler breed as much as he can.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Whoa. That new CK2 launcher is so different looking. Not bad - just different.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on May 08, 2014, 05:55:36 PM
Whoa. That new CK2 launcher is so different looking. Not bad - just different.
:huh:

Valmy

Yeah I just loaded it up and it looks the same to me :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."