News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Do you use rulers with local culture or Greekify the whole Empire?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Razgovory

He probably save scummed as well.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on April 30, 2014, 12:19:51 PM
He probably save scummed as well.

As the Byzantine Empire? Seems to me like there would be little reason to do so - particularly as you have revocation of ducal titles.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on April 30, 2014, 01:25:56 PM
Yeah, but it's tim.
Just once early on when my character was incapicated in battle and had no heirs, so it was reload or lose.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Queequeg on April 30, 2014, 12:18:34 PM
Do you use rulers with local culture or Greekify the whole Empire?

The Levant, Egypt, N. Africa and Andalusia is mostly Greek by now. Since I holy warred to get I only had Greek's to choose from. In the Northern half, there' far less Greeks since I mostly subjagated folks.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 01, 2014, 12:57:06 AM
Yeah, but it's tim.
Just once early on when my character was incapicated in battle and had no heirs, so it was reload or lose.

That was Romanos Diogenes' opinion in a similar situation.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Valmy on May 01, 2014, 01:04:59 AM
Yeah, but it's tim.

That was Romanos Diogenes' opinion in a similar situation.

Circumstances had him over a barrel  :huh:

Razgovory

Yeah, but it's tim.

That strikes me as unlikely, there was no one left at all in your dynasty?

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on May 01, 2014, 02:19:25 AM
Yeah, but it's tim.

That can happen fairly easily in the early game.  How many other Makedonians are there in 867?  I think it is just Basil I.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on May 01, 2014, 01:44:01 AM
Circumstances had him over a barrel  :huh:

That was why he could not reach the reload button.

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on May 01, 2014, 02:50:50 AM
Yeah, but it's tim.

There are six.  I start off by creating my own dynasty so I start with one.  In my current game there are over 200 people in my dynasty.
That can happen fairly easily in the early game.  How many other Makedonians are there in 867?  I think it is just Basil I.

jimmy olsen

Yeah, but it's tim.
For some reason the heir was not of my dynasty. It may have been one of those inheritance bugs that pop up.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

I get to the same problem I'm normally at when I play this game.  I build up such a strong state I get bored.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on May 02, 2014, 12:15:23 PM
I get to the same problem I'm normally at when I play this game.  I build up such a strong state I get bored.

I always find someway to implode my empire before I get to that point by making a stupid mistake.  I don't have the time to play it enough to ever learn from them so... :P