Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Liep on March 29, 2014, 11:32:18 AM
Dead before 18.
Dead of post-childbirth pneumonia at 26 after reigning only 2 years. :weep:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

I really like how they managed to integrate in the adventurer mechanic. Cool to see a scion of the extinguished Shahi kingdom coming back to successfully reclaim his ancestral lands.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Hiding out from the new Arabian Shia Caliphate (80.000 troops wouldn't you know), I converted to Shiite from Mazdeism. Married myself to two Byzantine sisters (why Empire is Sunni, I don't know) whom I later caught scissoring. As a result they ran off and committed suicide. Lovely!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

Mazdeis-you mean Zoroastrianism?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

Josquius

I started a 1066 game as Erik the pagan. It's pretty good, the fun of Vikings without it being a walkover. Erik was able to take sweden but since then fights with the Danes who always bring along the German on stacks, have been a pain. I remain true to the old gods. I will not convert!
It sucks though that rune stones time out and that Sweden is so devoutly catholic and refuses to convert. I don't know much of the period of Scandinavian history but that seems a little unlikely, surely native beliefs should still hold strong?
I have figured that throwing money at Christians so you can take guardianship of their kids  and convert them is the way to sort your rulers out at least.
My vassals always seem to have higher armies and mega successful raids but sieging and looting seems to take longer and longer for me
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on April 02, 2014, 07:05:42 PM
Hiding out from the new Arabian Shia Caliphate (80.000 troops wouldn't you know), I converted to Shiite from Mazdeism. Married myself to two Byzantine sisters (why Empire is Sunni, I don't know) whom I later caught scissoring. As a result they ran off and committed suicide. Lovely!
What's Mazdeism?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

I got The Old Gods the other day and have been playing as Ivar the Bonerless.  I conquered Strathclyde and murdered the king and raped the queen and now have a son named Hrothgar by her.  After the war ended I had a blot and killed a bunch of other chicks.  Enjoyable  :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on April 02, 2014, 10:40:12 PM
I got The Old Gods the other day and have been playing as Ivar the Bonerless.  I conquered Strathclyde and murdered the king and raped the queen and now have a son named Hrothgar by her.  After the war ended I had a blot and killed a bunch of other chicks.  Enjoyable  :)

You can conquer Ireland in a few years hardly breaking a sweat with Ivar.  One of the more enjoyable starts if you just love breaking shit.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

I'll try that next, thanks.  In the last war the Irish kept attacking me but I kept swatting them away like the annoying ginger flies that they are.

Sorry, my son is named Hagar, not Hrothgar.  Hrothgar is that place in Skyrim. :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

AI still doesn't mind if you marry into the royal family as some nobody count.  Started off as a Count in southern Germany and the King just gave me the dukedom. I married daughter of the King of Italy and am poised to become Prince consort over the country.  I'm also saving up money and piety to seize Verona.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on April 02, 2014, 11:31:29 PM
AI still doesn't mind if you marry into the royal family as some nobody count.  Started off as a Count in southern Germany and the King just gave me the dukedom. I married daughter of the King of Italy and am poised to become Prince consort over the country.  I'm also saving up money and piety to seize Verona.

I don't get the issue.  When I am a King I give duchies to people and marry some of my nobles.  Granted as a Catholic I am usually looking for alliances with outside powers but still.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

I'm now the Duke of two different places and my wife is duchess of two separate duchies.  I made a character based on me, and thus quite pitiful and now he's one of the big movers and shakers of Europe.  Of course politics is quite fluid the Carolingian collapse.  There was an odd situation where my troops and my wifes troops were fighting each other over a third duchy that we both had declared war on.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Agelastus

Quote from: Caliga on April 02, 2014, 10:46:16 PM
I'll try that next, thanks.  In the last war the Irish kept attacking me but I kept swatting them away like the annoying ginger flies that they are.

Sorry, my son is named Hagar, not Hrothgar.  Hrothgar is that place in Skyrim. :blush:

Hagar the Horrible??? :o
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."