News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on March 26, 2014, 10:21:04 PM
I avoided the Turkish ones as the screenies I saw were not promising.

Mixed feelings on Indian ones as some of them look cartoony.

I am unimpressed.  I thought the Indian ones look cruddy, and the Turkish ones have grey skin.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

That is the big complaint on Turkish ones.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Are they ever going to improve or patch the DLC faces?  Maybe the Med ones at least?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tamas on March 27, 2014, 06:28:09 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 27, 2014, 06:09:08 AM
What is the marriage objection "political concerns" about?

I'm Emperor of Hispania, my cousin is King of Lothringia and Burgundy. He has one son, my heir is my genius half sister. Why wouldn't he want his son to marry her?

Matrilineary?
I'm willing to do a regular marriage, my cousin's son is of my dynasty.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on March 27, 2014, 11:11:58 AM
Saw this on reddit when I googled it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/CrusaderKings/related/1cj31z/tip_be_wary_of_nations_who_refuse_to_marry_into/
My cousin does have valid claims, but I'm definitely more powerful.

However, even were that the case, I don't understand why that would cause them to not to want to marry my sister. If they do then the son of that union will gain all my titles without having to fight for them.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

garbon

This is rough and one of those in hindsight where it is like, really, couldn't have spotted that?

QuoteIf you arrange a betrothal between two characters and somehow move away from the other ruler's diplomatic range before they marry, you will be in a situation where you can't send the marriage offer and can't break the betrothal either.

jimmy olsen

My heir has a diplomacy of 30! :w00t:

1 Karma Chameleon point

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Norgy

HR department those days weren't particularly good, so yes.

garbon

Ugh, yet another game where I end up with the Byzantine Empire turned Muslim.  I'm not exactly sure how it happens but seems to happen when ever Muslims take good chunk of Asia Minor.

Am liking though that Khazaria is still around in my current game. I think that's mainly because as Karens, I've moved hard and fast against Cumania.

Josquius

Are the Norse still super overpowered?
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Maybe a million patches ago. :P