Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Quote from: The Brain on February 27, 2014, 03:21:55 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on February 27, 2014, 05:58:22 AM
Quote from: Valmy on February 26, 2014, 06:11:27 PM
I was about to say, I am pretty sure Philip is a Greek name.  Or at least was the name of the Apostle the Greeks like.

IIRC Anna named her son after Philip of Macedon.

It can hardly have been before. :rolleyes:

:bleeding:

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

I just watched part of the livestream. The one guy (I guess moderator) was not ready for videos/interviews. Kinda cringe worthy.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

Any news besides the fact that Swedish game programmers might be shy nerds?

garbon

Hey, Henrik seems pretty decent now - though maybe the moderator was there as a spoil. :D

Decadence now seems like it'll be a minor things. There's now a decadent trait that only a few people in your dynasty will get. Some story events to help characters stop being decadent. No penalty free imprisonments.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

On a different note, I found it interesting that for faction rebellions they are now taking page from CK2+ and combining all faction members into a single civil war state. Should allow ai to coordinate a bit better.

Though that I've always thought was somewhat lacking was the ability to pick off combatants / get them to turn sides which that method is a step away from.

Zanza

Yeah, you should be able to bribe a rebellious duke to your side even after war has broken out. Just offer him another title/honorary title/money/marriage etc.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Ah heck now it will not be so easy to crush the Cumans as the Khazars anymore.  But hey a whole new realm of Jews!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on March 04, 2014, 10:32:37 PM
Ah heck now it will not be so easy to crush the Cumans as the Khazars anymore.  But hey a whole new realm of Jews!
I don't usually play east of Byzantium, but don't the Cumans usually get the upper hand on the Steppe until the Seljuks come and smash everything?

1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 04, 2014, 10:55:16 PM
I don't usually play east of Byzantium, but don't the Cumans usually get the upper hand on the Steppe until the Seljuks come and smash everything?

Not when I play, the Cumans tend to attack everybody at once right at the start so if you time it right you can crush them in one battle since duchies are so huge out there.  But yeah they tend to roll over the Pechenegs and Turkomans right off the bat.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Queequeg

Playing as Halych-Volyn or Kiev is pretty great.  You get religious CBs to the south and north, and your cousins across Rus' to back you up in the wars. I also like the slightly awkward strategic position, and the plausible but ahistorical nature of the area becoming a real power center. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on March 04, 2014, 11:10:43 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 04, 2014, 10:55:16 PM

Not when I play, the Cumans tend to attack everybody at once right at the start so if you time it right you can crush them in one battle since duchies are so huge out there.  But yeah they tend to roll over the Pechenegs and Turkomans right off the bat.
I just started a game as the Serbian Byzantine Duchy. It's completely undeveloped so after conquering the requisite territory I was just waiting for the gold and piety to add up so I could form the kingdom. I noticed that the Khazars managed to get the upper hand on the steppe and now rule Eastern Ukraine and Khazakistan and are busy paiting it Jewish. :lol:

Then all of a sudden around 895 I get a message that the era of crusading is upon us and like 5 different holy orders were founded simulataneously. I'm like what the hell is going on? The Empire was doing pretty good, having conquered Crete, Cyprus and several Anatolian/Armenian duchies. Then I scroll over to the west and see that not only has some muslim dynasty I've never heard took over Andulusia, they've completely overrun Aquataine, Burgundy and Brittany as well! :o

The Pope calls for a crusade for Aquataine and the only ones who respond are the Holy orders and maybe a dozen dukes and petty kings. The Karling Kings either had a truce with the muslims or were helping fight off an Aghalbid (sp?) invasion of Sicily, because that's more important amirite.  :rolleyes:

Anyways they were clearly doomed and within a year the Muslims had racked up a warscore of 87%. However the war dragged on and next I checked it was down to 17%. The Holy Orderes must have manage to concentrate their forces and crush the main stack.

The War has lasted nine years now and is now 28% in the Pope's favor, despite no major kings participating. A Catholic uprising has been raging for several years behind the lines as well, and a Breton national uprising just started so I'm really starting to believe they might pull it off.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

My Empires still always get bogged down in succession wars.  I am completely clueless about what to do about it, it even happened when my heir was 41, male, with male heirs, with a diplomatic value of 18.  You beat one down and they just keep on coming.  By the time the realm has stabilized it is almost time for the guy to die so we can do it all over again.

I blame Gavelkind, my brothers have mighty armies indeed.

garbon

Interesting as in many cases I don't have that many wars and/or I get one grand rebellion near accession but then every quiets down after that.

One thing that is very helpful is high diplo. Had a ruler with 24 as his base and everyone was pretty quiet during his lengthy 70 years on the throne.