News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grinning_Colossus

The Jews get fucked over in the game. Randomly expelled and burnt at the stake... to say nothing of poor Khazaria. I finally threw in the towel once the Arabs thoroughly assimilated Anatolia and turned north -- their CB gives them all of Alania and Azov. I kept killing the Caliphs (with the help of their Ashkenazic advisers  :ph34r:), but it didn't do much.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

garbon

I noticed for the first time that the Shia Caliphate event fires even if there are large Shia powers around. The Idrisids had converted and were holding their own when Shia Caliphate tried to rise up in Seljuk Persia (failed, of course).  Seems like it would have made sense to give it to some already existing character given that there was a sizable Shia kingdom.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Has anyone ever made a Rurikid Rus that wasn't a complete mess?  I really wish I could just give up Thor worship and speaking Old Norse right off the bat.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

Would it be impossible to have some kind of ethnogenesis system?  So there's an East Slavic, Norse and Mordvin culture, but once the Rus' conquered everything they all mix with Russian as the common culture?  Kind of like how English pops up?
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Valmy

Quote from: Queequeg on December 17, 2013, 05:12:30 PM
Would it be impossible to have some kind of ethnogenesis system?  So there's an East Slavic, Norse and Mordvin culture, but once the Rus' conquered everything they all mix with Russian as the common culture?  Kind of like how English pops up?

Russian?  Russian?  Oh man the Ukrainians are going to rip your head off.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on December 16, 2013, 04:29:13 PM
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?740750-Somewhat-disappointed-with-the-big-Jewish-decisions-%28Israel-Temple-Kohen-Gadol%29

QuoteThe Jews shouldn't be in the game in the first place, be happy that developers made this happen because of extensive Jewish lobbying from the US and Israel.

Man even getting into a computer game is the result of fiendish Jew conspiracies.

Anyway that thread does make it sound like Israel is a tad broken.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Queequeg

1066 Denmark is fucking awesome.  It's pure chaos.  Your monarch has maybe 15 children all from different mothers, so I conquered all of Pommerania and Prussia and gave it to my sons and later half-brothers.  The Elective law also makes it total chaos.  You have an awkward expansion position but a pretty strong initial point, and that initial claim on the English throne is pretty good too. 

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Queequeg on December 14, 2013, 02:25:55 AM
Tried playing as 1066 Bohemia.  It's really boring.  HRE possibilities are limited, and it's too easy if you go straight for either one of your weak claims on Hungary or Poland.  Seniority succession is absurdly stupid. 
Eh, if you have a big family and don't mind being assassinated every once in a while Seniority succession works pretty well. It's all about the long game.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Solmyr

Quote from: Valmy on December 17, 2013, 05:30:25 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on December 17, 2013, 05:12:30 PM

Russian?  Russian?  Oh man the Ukrainians are going to rip your head off.

Rus -> Russian. :contract:

Valmy

Quote from: Queequeg on December 18, 2013, 01:24:36 AM
1066 Denmark is fucking awesome.  It's pure chaos.  Your monarch has maybe 15 children all from different mothers, so I conquered all of Pommerania and Prussia and gave it to my sons and later half-brothers.  The Elective law also makes it total chaos.  You have an awkward expansion position but a pretty strong initial point, and that initial claim on the English throne is pretty good too. 

Denmark is my favorite 1066 start.  You just go right after the Baltic.  So long as you do not do something stupid like create another Kingdom title it is loads of fun.

Queequeg

I made Pommerania a Primogeniture kingdom title. I am wondering what will happen if another person gets elected.

Queequeg

Also, Valmy, try Rostov or Kiev. Kiev is actually really fun because you can pretty quickly get 4 or 5 kingdom titles.

sbr

Trying to play this again now that it has migrated to Steam.

Can someone remind me how to deal with Holder is of wrong Holding Type.

I am playing as Duke of Apulia and just took Amalfi.  The county capital is a city.

I forget what to do here.  Do I give the title to someone else (if so how) or change the capital?

Razgovory

Quote from: sbr on December 23, 2013, 12:00:12 AM
Trying to play this again now that it has migrated to Steam.

Can someone remind me how to deal with Holder is of wrong Holding Type.

I am playing as Duke of Apulia and just took Amalfi.  The county capital is a city.

I forget what to do here.  Do I give the title to someone else (if so how) or change the capital?

Hand off all the holdings but a barony.  If you give the city away and still hold a barony I think it'll turn into the capital.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Queequeg

Denmark is a fucking monster.  Keep that claim to the English crown alive and wait a few decades for the conquered Baltic provinces to start producing a large amount of troops, and you can land 10k troops at Dover in the middle of one of England's constant civil wars.  It's awesome.